GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,191
0 members and 1,191 guests
No Members online

Old 12-13-2001, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose

Was this one of the locals at Duquesne? When I was at Pitt some years back there was a Duquesne sorority called Tau Delta Tau that was pretty notorious for their bad hazing. I just wondered if they were still around and if this was them.
Yes, it was a local at Duquesne. However, not Tau Delta Tau. They were gone by the time I got there. A friend of mine who graduated Duq asked me about them when I was there b/c he remembers them always giggling and saying "We've got "Taus" on our ta-ta's!" OMG....gag me...!

I think that they were absolved (right word? I don't know!) by a National.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MuAZD
Quote:
Originally posted by cash78mere

hey lionlove!

no, she was at york college of PA. that would've been funny if it was the same school!
Hey my boyfriend goes to York and his roommate is in one of the fraternities. He definitely had some wacky stories to tell.
Old 12-13-2001, 03:03 PM
Banned

Re: Re: RUMORS GALORE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tibi

There actually is a tunnel (unused though!), it was used to connect the two houses because they were family owned in the early 1900's. I highly doubt anyone would go through it....SPOOKY!
I'm sure someone has. Fix it up! Interesting.
Old 12-13-2001, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

A friend of mine went to Frostburg a thousand years ago and had the same thing as was previously mentioned.

The guys had to sit on a block of ice (naked from the bottom down) and once their asses were numb, they had to pass a cherry with their ass cheeks to one another. No one could ever do it because they couldn't feel anything.

Frostburg is NOTORIOUS for their hazing because there isn't much to do up in the mountains.

The KTE's (a local sorority) has done some really cruel things and have landed many many girls in the hospital and some have even had nervous breakdowns because it's so intense.

They should be shut down.
Old 12-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Banned

CRAZY, all of that for
Old 12-13-2001, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tridgirl
Well sadly out chapter did do a lil hazing back in the day our former president told us she had to carry a rock around with her at all time, as big as her love for tri delta. Well that was stopped quickly by nationals and the girls responsible were expelled from school and the sorority. Anyways I have heard some scary stuff about what chio at our school is supposed to do to their pledges, coffins and stuff, yuck! The frats at our school will all tell you they don't haze, but they do. The SN well they give all thier pledges a bottle of alcohol to drink before initiation, but their big brother can help. The DX make their pledges build a house that has to always have a brother in it during i week, oh and that is after the bottle of everclear they have had to drink and before they eat dog food in the forest and have to find their way home.... if only their nationals knew...
Old 12-13-2001, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kimmykimmy

Frostburg is NOTORIOUS for their hazing because there isn't much to do up in the mountains.
There was something about a guy dying at Frostburg in "Wrongs of Passage." It was really sad....their admin should do something!

And that sorority sounds awful!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2001, 07:51 PM

Thumbs up ROFL!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie
I heard this rumor that some sorority makes their pledges get into a coffin with a stuffed dead owl!!!!!!

PUHLEASE!
No one else could have written this post and have it be this funny. Good for you, Hootie!
Old 12-13-2001, 09:31 PM

just curious

Call me slow, but what is circling the fat?
Old 12-13-2001, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Circling the fat is when you stand naked or in underwear (depending on who's telling the story) and the sisters circle the places on your body where you need to lose weight.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
some LBC hazing rumors...

Sigma Kappa nationals are beyond ultra strict. We had a "stoplight" exchange with Sigma Pi, and our nationals got mad because everybody had to wear different colors. (Everybody was wearing either red, yellow, or green to signal their availability)...Anywho.....

But here are some fun rumors...

*One of the sororities gets all of their new members very drunk...makes them take off their clothes, except their underwear, then their big sis buries their clothes in the ground, and the new members have to dig them up...after they find them that is.

*Another sorority does "drop-offs" they drop all of the new members off in a different parts of the ghetto (well...it is Long Beach...and the new members have to find their way back to the house

*One of the fraternities does Elephant Walk.......yuck

*Another fraternity soaks their pledges in oil and makes them wrestle each other.

-ewww....
Lil Snakey K
Old 12-14-2001, 01:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Quote:
Originally posted by LexiKD
Hey Pirate00-Glad to see KD on that list, it is amazing that they have been there just over one year and they are rumored to be hazers!
Hehe! No problem, Lexi! I was surprised when I heard that rumor myself.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

LilSnakeyK-

Do you go to CSULB? If you do...do you have chapter houses? I went to visit my cousing at CSULB a few months ago and I didn't see any houses.

pbpck
Old 01-01-2002, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

CSULB chapter houses

pbpck,

I am a CSULB alumna. Yes, Long Beach State fraternities and sororities do have chapter houses. The reason you didn't see any is because there is no Greek Row. None of the houses are "near" the university per say. Most are about 2+ miles away - one fraternity's house is realllly far (and in a realllly bad part of town).

Though, I sorta want to clarify lilsnakeyk's comment. Contrary to popular rap songs, Long Beach is not a giant ghetto! The areas around the college are actually quite nice. But yes, there are some bad neighborhoods.

To stay on topic....I haven't heard any crazy hazing rumors about Long Beach State as far as IFC, NPC or NPHC go. However, lilsnakeyk can probably vouch for me when I say that there's one Hispanic Co-Ed fraternity on campus that does interesting things! They make their pledges wear a wooden stick around their neck advertising their pledge status. They have to greet actives with rehearsed sayings and wear crazy costumes. About two semesters ago, I saw a couple of the guys dressed up to look like they were homosexuals. BTW - these aren't rumors, they're true. This group, for some reason, makes no effort to hide the fact that they do these things. This last spring they got into major trouble for paddling a member during a scavenger hunt. The student was injured and ended up filing a police report. [big sigh] Rumors or not, hazing is just plain stupid.

......navane
Old 01-02-2002, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, this is not a rumor - it really happened to a guy I was close friends who as at another university. This frat took groups of pledges (usually 4 at a time) to a goat farm, undressed them to their undies, covered them in honey, tied them to a post, and left them overnight. I know its wrong, but I lmao when he came home the next morning. Just imagining those honey covered men trying to fend off the goats - and god knows what else - cracks me up.

Also, when I was at UTK, I remember someone bringing a naked pledge to the courtyard (the middle of 4 dorms) and tied him to the flag pole and began singing "twinkle twinkle little star". I heard the singing and my friend looked out and screamed "ahhhh yeah that dude is naked!" Needless to say everyone was looking out the windows, and I guess his gf saw him, because she rushed outside and took her sweater off to try to cover him up! Haha!

Last edited by volgirl2376; 01-12-2002 at 12:33 PM.