GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,629
1 members and 1,628 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaPiBoy Send a message via Yahoo to SigmaPiBoy
Exclamation Important Question to all BROTHERS

Which brother would not consider Brothers of a chapter that has been revoked their charter? I know when I rushed I was told that Brotherhood is what Sigma Pi is all about and that I was a " Sigma Pi Till The Day I Die."

And one more question any brothers out there good artists I would like to have our letters tattooed but am looking for a design with our letters and stars. If anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it. my E-mail address is mondisimo@sbcglobal.net

Mondo Pimentel
"Pi Boy Till I Die"
Epsilon Nu Chapter
Old 01-06-2004, 04:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The_Nash
I consider them brothers still. They might not be active, but I guess they can be considered Alums. You will always know ritual and that is just one of the few things that bonds us for eternity
Old 03-18-2004, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Cal State Dominguez Hills

Hell yeah there brothers, Once you cross your a sigma pi for life, thats all i heard when i was pledgeing

Angel
Eta-Iota
CSU Dominguez Hills
Old 04-17-2006, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ammossgt Send a message via Yahoo to ammossgt
I myself can speak on this issue. I worked my ass off when I rushed Sigma Pi to be the best that I could. I came back from serving overseas and got the chartering done. We did it! But, not even one year later that the charter was gone and it was no fault of mine. I worked hard did what I was supposed to, it was the asshole that was our president that took us from being the fraternity where all the women wanted to be with to the one they never wanted to associate with again. I left for more military training to get better at my job, when I returned from that training one month later I was told I wasn't good enough to be a part of the chapter anymore cause my military job was too important to me and it too my time away from the chapter....so I left and took my alumni status and haven't looked back since. I think the best part of the whole situation is that month I had the cover story of the Emerald that I shot at IU on Chivalry...yeah look it up brothers that is my photowork in the Emerald....anyway, they hated me for my success and I still talk to plenty of other Sigma Pi's from accross that nation about issues effecting chapters cause I care.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to blackums
to sigmapiboy.... if you look on the national website, they have some great artwork submitted by brothers.... but the last time i looked, it was about 2 years ago....

to ammossgt,
we had to recharter here, and i was very fortunate that the nationals picked up some great guys who wanted to carry on the tradition we have here at East Carolina.... but i will say this, your are my brother and i bet there are plenty of other bro's from other chapters who will agree with me
Old 10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My understanding is that brothers at chapters who have had their charters revoked remain brothers unless the grand chapter takes steps to expel the members from the fraternity. Barring expulsion I can't think of any way in which you'd lose your status as a brother.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I view them as brothers. I pledged Epsilon Pi chapter in Spring '07, and we lost our Charter 2 days after school started for the 07-08 school year because of "wet rush" that never happened (School had just started). It sucks, but it's good to know that I've got brothers all over.