GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,395
1 members and 1,394 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-19-2001, 02:32 PM
Banned

Unhappy Disappointed

The last time I checked all of the new posts on Greek Chat everything was going good. Then I logged on this morning to find more flaming again, towards Currious. Please, leave her alone and she will do the same. A lot of you people may not care about Currious, but I do. I have mentored and coached too many children and adolescents like her. She appears to be very confused and somewhat troubled, not so much of a jerk. I am not saying that you should become buddy-buddy with her, but treat her like a human being. Be the leaders that you all are, keep your cool. All of this flaming is sending Greek Chat's reputation down the toilet, and other Greek reputations as well.

(Stepping off the soap box)

Thanks,
Hayley
Old 12-19-2001, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree

I haven't been on greekchat that long, but when people make certain comments, you don't necessarily HAVE to have a come back. Just because you might not know the people you are typing to, does not mean that your words don't have an effect on them.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Hayley,
Because you are new to GC, you don't know the full story behind Curiouss a.k.a. SH80 a.k.a. SH80er.

Unfortunately this person has made a habit of posting rude and, more often than not, offensive posts on various forums. On multiple occasions these posts are racially biased and unecessary.

GC has a team of moderators that do their level best to delete offensive posts (by anyone) quickly so as not to disrupt the flow of valuable conversation. Obviously you have not seen these posts, otherwise you would be more understanding to the situation.

You are correct that people should not fight fire with fire, but people are human and will do what they will regardless of the leadership qualities they should show at all times.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 12-20-2001 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:14 PM
Banned

Eventhough I have been a member for a few weeks, I have been a guest since last summer. I am aware of what happened, I know she is sh80. She can have a sick sense of humor and like to challenge people at times. But, the only offensive thing I read from her was the thread about fried chicken on the AKA board. I forgive her for that. Meanwhile some things that she wrote was very positive and funny.
For example, the parody thread about various Greek Chat members, she even included herself in it. I try to look for the positive in people and work with that.

Last edited by hocnsoc81; 12-19-2001 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

SH80 has been a butt since before last summer. She has made horribly offensive and racist posts and there's no excuse for that. Saying she's high-spirited, merely thoughtless, or whatever doesn't cut it. I have received tons of anti-curiouss mail from people he/she has hurt and I have yet to hear from anyone who thinks curiouss is cute or funny. She probably comes in fourth on the list of Most Hated, Previously Banned GCers.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by hocnsoc81
...But, the only offensive thing I read from her was the thread about fried chicken on the AKA board. I forgive her for that.
There have been (literally) dozens of other posts that weren't aren't on the boards long enough for most people to read. Just because you haven't seen the posts doesn't mean they didn't exist.

If I had a dollar for every private message and moderator alert I've received as a result of her posts, I would have a nice nest egg started.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to an opinon about everyone else. Common courtesy should dictate that such an opinion be voiced in a calm and respectful manner. Unfortunately, the person known as curiouss refuses to realize that.

It's one thing to stir things up and make people think. It's another thing to do or say something purely for the shock value.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

hocnsoc-BTW I love your name, like catnhat very Seuss like!

Please don't be disappointed in us, we all are different and have different levels of comfort on certain subjects. One day I may agree wholeheartedly with ABCofNYC and the next day, feel quite the opposite. That is the beauty of GC. I'm a moderate except when it comes to my politics and moral issues. Others more than likely see me as a frump on some issues or perhaps a blathering idiot! THAT'S OK! Tomorrow, I may really be in tune with that same person.

I have been known to hold a grudge, but usually with people who I know on a "real person" basis. I don't hold any grudges here on GC...BUT.. no one has really offended me! I might feel a GREAT degree of "dislike" if someone had attacked me or my belief system without any rhyme or reason.

Keep doing what you are doing, looking for the best in people-EXPECTING the best in people. It works for me. I always root for the underdog, even if the underdog got into that situation all by itself. However, some things just can't work out. Think of it like a great big BOOBOO (pun intended) It forms a scab and starts to heal. If you keep picking at the scab it may form a scar and that won't ever go away.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Eventhough I have been a member for a few weeks, I have been a guest since last summer. I am aware of what happened, I know she is sh80. She can have a sick sense of humor and like to challenge people at times. But, the only offensive thing I read from her was the thread about fried chicken on the AKA board. I forgive her for that. Meanwhile some things that she wrote was very positive and funny.
For example, the parody thread about various Greek Chat members, she even included herself in it. I try to look for the positive in people and work with that.

Hayley,

Like I said in my PM, I appreciate your concern. However, as several of the moderators have already mentioned, just because you may have read some of SH80/curiouss' old posts doesn't mean you saw all of them. Many, many times her comments were deleted immediately after she posted them because they were so inflammatory. The moderators have done a very good job in their individual forums by getting rid of SH80/Curiouss' ignorant remarks before too many people see them. So, once again, I respectfully suggest that you probably don't know as much about SH80 as you think you do. Unless you yourself are SH80 , then it is highly doubtful that you are aware of her worst comments made on GC.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93

Hayley,

Like I said in my PM, I appreciate your concern. However, as several of the moderators have already mentioned, just because you may have read some of SH80/curiouss' old posts doesn't mean you saw all of them. Many, many times her comments were deleted immediately after she posted them because they were so inflammatory. The moderators have done a very good job in their individual forums by getting rid of SH80/Curiouss' ignorant remarks before too many people see them. So, once again, I respectfully suggest that you probably don't know as much about SH80 as you think you do. Unless you yourself are SH80 , then it is highly doubtful that you are aware of her worst comments made on GC.
Justamom, hocnsoc is short for hockey and soccer, the best two sports in the world!

For the rest, whatever she's done in the past just let it go. I am not the only one on my team who wanted to go greek. Four of my teammates wanted to go greek also. Two of the four changed their mind about going greek after visiting this website. When some of the members try to get even with curious/sh80, it appears that they are picking on her instead, to the newcomers (spelling?). No, I am not sh80. However, you are warm. I am a good friend of sh80 in real life, I do know most of the things that went on. I told her to keep hush-hush about it.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Justamom, hocnsoc is short for hockey and soccer, the best two sports in the world!

For the rest, whatever she's done in the past just let it go. I am not the only one on my team who wanted to go greek. Four of my teammates wanted to go greek also. Two of the four changed their mind about going greek after visiting this website. When some of the members try to get even with curious/sh80, it appears that they are picking on her instead, to the newcomers (spelling?). No, I am not sh80. However, you are warm. I am a good friend of sh80 in real life, I do know most of the things that went on. I told her to keep hush-hush about it.
Obviously, your good friend sh80 didn't take your hush-hush advice. Otherwise, she wouldn't still be on GC making problems. It takes a lot, and I do mean A LOT, to be banned from this board. However, she's managed to be thrown off twice now for offending quite a number of people. What does that say about your friend, hocnsoc?

No matter how she may be in "real life", it's time to face the fact that she's just not a welcome addition to GC, and also to admit that her insensitive, uncalled for remarks are the problem here -- not the comments of the GCers who are simply fed up with her daily barbs. SH80 cast the first stone on this board. And now she wants to play the innocent victim and act so surprised when she gets some rocks thrown back? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but things just don't work that way. Mess with the bull and you'll get the horns. SH80 found that out the hard way.

As for your friends... I'm sorry if two of them visited GC and decided to not go Greek because of the replies made to some of SH80's comments. However, if they really think that being Greek is about passively sitting back and taking whatever slurs someone enjoys throwing at them on a regular basis, then that is a serious misconception that needs to be ironed out.

There are scores of other people who have visited this site and decided to Rush solely because of the comments they read on GC. I think we're doing a pretty good job of educating people about Greek Life and we're very open and friendly to those who are honestly here to learn and contribute positively to the board. But for those who are here solely to instigate drama and controversy I for one have absolutely no sympathy. To those people I say, "Good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."
Old 12-20-2001, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

AMEN!!

You took the words right out of my mouth!! Thanks for saying what needed to be said, girlfriend!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93

As for your friends... I'm sorry if two of them visited GC and decided to not go Greek because of the replies made to some of SH80's comments. However, if they really think that being Greek is about passively sitting back and taking whatever slurs someone enjoys throwing at them on a regular basis, then that is a serious misconception that needs to be ironed out.

There are scores of other people who have visited this site and decided to Rush solely because of the comments they read on GC. I think we're doing a pretty good job of educating people about Greek Life and we're very open and friendly to those who are honestly here to learn and contribute positively to the board. But for those who are here solely to instigate drama and controversy I for one have absolutely no sympathy. To those people I say, "Good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."
Old 12-20-2001, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PnguinTrax
Hayley,
Because you are new to GC, you don't know the full story behind Curiouss a.k.a. SH80 a.k.a. SH80er a.k.a. schultzz.

Unfortunately this person has made a habit of posting rude and, more often than not, offensive posts on various forums. On multiple occasions these posts are racially biased and unecessary.

GC has a team of moderators that do their level best to delete offensive posts (by anyone) quickly so as not to disrupt the flow of valuable conversation. Obviously you have not seen these posts, otherwise you would be more understanding to the situation.

You are correct that people should not fight fire with fire, but people are human and will do what they will regardless of the leadership qualities they should show at all times.

I am not the same person as sh80.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
SH80 has been a butt since before last summer. She has made horribly offensive and racist posts and there's no excuse for that. Saying she's high-spirited, merely thoughtless, or whatever doesn't cut it. I have received tons of anti-curiouss mail from people he/she has hurt and I have yet to hear from anyone who thinks curiouss is cute or funny. She probably comes in fourth on the list of Most Hated, Previously Banned GCers.

Who is first second and third?
Old 12-20-2001, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by shultzz

I am not the same person as sh80.
Then I apologize. There was a discussion circulating that you were the same person. Obviously that assumption is incorrect. I will edit my post.

Old 12-20-2001, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by shultzz

Who is first second and third?
Mama 'V'
Daughter 'V'
Fred Hatchett