GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,295
2 members and 2,293 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2004, 09:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Alpha Phi

Alpha Phi Creed

I believe in my Fraternity.

I believe in the friendships formed
in the springtime of my youth.

I believe in its high ideals
which lift me up beyond myself.

I believe in its earnest drive for good scholarship,
moral character, and genuine culture.

I believe in it as a shrine of
international sisterhood wherein
I may find love and loyalty,
sympathy and understanding inspiration
and opportunity.

I believe in it as a creator of good citizenship,
helping me to do my work well,
to live in harmony with others, and
to serve my country and to trust in God.

I believe in my Fraternity.
I believe in Alpha Phi.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Beta Phi's mission:

The mission of Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women is to promote friendship, develop women of intellect and integrity, cultivate leadership potential and enrich the lives of members and their communities.

Vision:

Pi Beta Phi Fraternity is committed to being recognized as a premier organization for women by providing lifelong enrichement to its members and contributing to the betterment of of society.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

The Object of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia:

The Object of this Fraternity shall be for the development of the best and truest fraternal spirit; the mutual welfare and brotherhood of musical students; the advancement of music in America and a loyalty to the Alma Mater.

Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia does not have an official creed as such. However, the quote shown below is familiar to all Sinfonians -- learned by probationary members (pledges) and quoted by brothers. One might say that it is an unofficial creed or statement of our standards and goals. It came to us as the closing paragraph in a letter to the Brotherhood from Ossian E. Mills, "Father of Sinfonia" and Honorary Grand Supreme President for Life, in the 1912 FMA Annual. Many of us find it be a very meaningful standard.

This it is to be a man of the highest type. To be and not seem; to do and not simply to talk; to have the right ideal, the true motive and patiently to transform conduct in accordance with it.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:47 AM

To fill my days with satisfying activity
To find dominant beauty in art, literature, nature and friendships
To know the peace and serenity of a divine faith
To love life and joyously live each day to its ultimate good
This is my creed in Alpha Sigma Alpha.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Ginger

"This truth comes to us more and more, the longer we live, that in what field, or in what uniform, or with what aims we do our duty, matters very little; or even what our duty is, great or small, splendid or obscure, only to find our duty certainly and somewhere, somehow do it faithfully, makes us good, strong, happy and useful, and tunes our lives into some feeble echo of the life of God."

Learning the punctuation on that was a &^*(^&%
Old 08-30-2004, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

The Gamma Phi Beta Creed

Gamma Phi Beta from the past has given
A heritage that makes a fuller life.
Gamma Phi Beta in the present bids
Us strive for lasting values and ideals.
Gamma Phi Beta in the days to come
Will prove that fundamentals can endure.
Therefore we shall embody in our lives
The truths that make for finer womanhood.
Once more we pledge a loyalty that means
Adherence to all true and noble things;
A learning that enriches all our days
With magic gold that is forever ours;
A labor that each hour will glorify
The simple, common task, the common cause;
A love that will be strong and great enough
To encompass and pity all the world.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Sigma Delta Tau:

"It shall be the purpose of this fraternal organization to form a close social and fraternal union of those of similar ideals and to foster, maintain and instill such ideals in the hearts of its members as will result in actions worthy of the highest precepts of true womanhood, democracy and humanity."

The mission of Sigma Delta Tau is to enrich the college experience of women of similar ideals to build lasting friendships and to foster personal growth. Sigma Delta Tau shall encourage each member to reach her fullest potential by providing intellectual, philanthropic, leadership, and socail opportunities within the framework of mutual respect and high ethical standards

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-30-2004, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Nu Xi

Mission Statement

To promote leadership,multiculturalism,and self improvement through academic excellence,involvement in and service to the campus and community,as well as being living examples of sisterhood across different races,cultures,religions,backgrounds,
and lifestyles.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

To bind men together in a brotherhood based upon eternal and immutable principles, with a bond as strong as right itself and as lasting as humanity; to know no North, no South, no East, no West, but to know man as man, to teach that true men the world over should stand together and contend for supremacy of good over evil; to teach, not politics, but morals; to foster, not partisanship, but the recognition of true merit wherever found; to have no narrower limits within which to work together for the elevation of man than the outlines of the world: these were the thoughts and hopes uppermost in the minds of the founders of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.

Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Old 09-08-2004, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

*bump* This is a great thread idea.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

SAI Symphony and Purpose

Sigma Alpha Iota Symphony
-To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music.
-To sing the song of sincerity and universal peace.
-To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort.
-To play the harpstrings of loving kindness, tolerance, appreciation, and genuine gratitude.
-To strive for the joy of simplicity, for the noble, to be faithful over a few things.
-To listen, to be still and know the harmony from within.
-To falter never in seeking loving service, wisdom, and understanding.
-In a word, to be loyal to Sigma Alpha Iota and her teachings; to find joy, hope, inspiration; to remember that "every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" and "whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men."
-And again to practice.
This is to be our Symphony.
-Esther Requarth, Nu

Purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota
TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member's Alma Mater;
TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.

Gwen
SAI Gamma Eta
Old 04-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Ours has been set to music: The Creed of Alpha Delta Pi
Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

PHI KAPPA TAU CREED

Phi Kappa Tau, by admitting me to membership, has conferred upon me a mark of distinction in which I take just pride. I believe in the spirit of brotherhood for which it stands. I shall strive to attain its ideals, and by so doing to bring to it honor and credit. I shall be loyal to my college and my chapter and shall keep strong my ties to them that I may ever retain the spirit of youth. I shall be a good and loyal citizen. I shall try always to discharge the obligation to others which arises from the fact that I am a fraternity man.

Roland Maxwell, Southern California ’22
November 19, 1950
Old 04-19-2016, 10:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Cool Sigma Tau Gamma Creed

"I believe that the true spirit of Fraternalism is a personal devotion to one's ideals. It has its roots in definite, tangible things. It springs out of a love of God and worth of one's fellowman. It grows into qualities of mind and soul. It is not the attitude toward a few selected ends, but rather the abiding spirit in which all things are done, all difficulties met, all successes received, all obstacles overcome.

"I believe that the true spirit of Fraternalism is a breath that breathes itself into the life and being of those who live it, becoming an unconscious part of them, ruling and molding their thoughts and acts. We may call it the right attitude towards life, towards the world, towards right and wrong, towards the beautiful and the good, towards duty and faith in God.

"I believe that the true spirit of Fraternalism is a thing that grows. It is first associated almost exclusively with a narrow circle of fellow students, but it broadens with a widening understanding until it takes in all the important relationships of life. It enters the domain of private life as thoroughly as in public life. It teaches the fulfillment of obligations to school, state, and church.

"I believe that Sigma Tau Gamma endeavors to bind men together in a fraternal brotherhood based upon these eternal and immutable truths, which are set forth in the Principles and in the Code of Conduct of our Fraternity.

"In this belief, I will endeavor to make my college and my own chapter of Sigma Tau Gamma more honored and respected by all men, and will endeavor to conduct myself so that I will ever bring credit and honor to our Fraternity."

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!