GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,508
1 members and 1,507 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-08-2001, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I was Pidgeon, Babycakes, and Lady! *sigh* I love my momma! She gave me all those names and even made up a little song!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2001, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Talking

I may regret posting this, but here goes.

One day I was hanging out with my sister and our friends. She turns to me and says, "your head is shaped liked a raindrop!?!" From then on, everyone would call me "Raindrop Head".

My sister and I got into a lot of physical altercations (down and dirty fights) because I hated the name so much. Boy, she loved to antagonize me. Anyway, we laugh about it now. BTW, I passed on my "raindrop head" to my son.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I have a bunch.

My dad always talks about this story his grandma told him about a green eyed sneed, so he calls me a BLUE EYED SNEED. My mom calls me MUNCHKIN.

My grandma calls me JULIEBABY. The other grandma called me TWINKLETOES.

My sister calls me JULIEBETH, and my best friend found out so she does too, and sometimes JB. My sisters friends call me the LITTLE HOWETTE. (My last name is Howe.)

My brother's friends call him Gorde(Gorde Howe was an awesome hockey player). So they call me LITTLE GORDE, GORDITA, or GORDETTE.

My friends call me JEWELS, NEWELS, and NULIE.

I was a camp councilor for a summer and went by HAPPY.

And finally, almost every guy I've ever met calls me JULIE HOWE. Are there really that many Julies in this world?
Old 03-08-2001, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JulieBaby:
And finally, almost every guy I've ever met calls me JULIE HOWE. Are there really that many Julies in this world?

Yes. There's a ton. Plus it kinda flows. Julie Howe. Its got a nice ring to it.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
chidhood nicknames...man...it's kinda embarassing...

either is was kimbo (after a reggae song)

then i was called boo-ka bunny...one of my friends over heard a boyfriend call me his little boo-ka bunny and he was my boo-ka bear.

------------------
MaMaBuddha

Devastating
Stimulating
Tantalizing

Imaginer un métro rempli avec les anges tombés...
Old 03-13-2001, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay.. I was a retarded child like this, I guess. But when I was like 4 or 5, I thought I really NEEDED these red boots for Christmas. My mama told me that maybe Santa Claus wouldn't have enough money to get the boots, so after I'd just seen "Robin Hood" I suggested that he just steal from the rich so I could get these boots. Well you know parents.. they have to go tell everybody. So now, even though I'm all grown up and wouldn't be caught dead in red boots... everybody at my church at home calls me "Robinhood".
Old 03-13-2001, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I was a big animal fanatic when I was little, and I was sure that I would eventually be a veterinarian. So I used to pretend that I was a cat sometimes, when I was really little. Because of that my brother took to calling me Furball.

My dad always called my brother the Tapper. I'm not quite sure why, I think maybe his dad called him that. So when I was born I became the Tapperette. That somehow evolved to Le Tapperette, which again somehow evolved to Le Tap the Rette. I don't get called that too much anymore, thank goodness.

I have a friend that I've known since the first grade who I call Munster. I don't even remember why anymore, but when we were in first or second grade I started calling her that and it stuck. It's still so funny, because when she sends me emails she signs it Munster. Her real name is Amanda, and I really wish I could remember why I came up with that nickname in the first place!
Old 06-25-2001, 07:36 PM

Cool

When I was a little girl, my parents called me, get this...Mushnick. Mushnick's Flower Shop was featured in the musical my father was performing in (Little Shop of Horrors) when I was about 3 or 4 and for reasons unknown to ANYONE, I got stuck with that nickname for awhile.

My name is Tracy and my dad STILL calls me "Trainer" and all it took was for him to say that in front of one of my sisters and I was stuck with it all through college.

My favorite nickname was given by some guy friends to one of my sisters who had BIG, BLONDE hair (this was the '80's, please keep in mind). Supposedly, she looked like Dee Snider, lead singer of Twisted Sister. Her nickname? DeeZee Snider, of course

------------------
@~Tracy~@

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!

[This message has been edited by KillarneyRose (edited June 25, 2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 07:46 PM
Banned

Talking

Turtle. I was painfully shy, they said I was always "in my shell" and despite my scrawny build I was always the slowest runner in my class.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Talking

Well, when I was really little my dad would call me "Amazing Amy" only, being like 4, and in the tone of voice he said it, and not knowing what amazing meant, I would, or so I am told, get really upset and yell at him to stop calling me "mazin amy." so christmas 99, what does my dad hand me grinning like the cheshire cat? A doll called Amazing Amy. It was hysterical.

My friend Didi from High School took to calling me AL (my initials) since there were always like 6 other Amys. To this day she calls me Al, never Amy. Other people hve tried to call me Al and it just didn't work, I didn't even respond, but from Didi, its natural and works.

My Aunt calls me AmyGirl, has since the day I was born. Mail from her comes addressed to AmyGirl L... even.

My nephew's name is Nicholas. I've called him Nicky Pickle and Pickle since he was a baby. He's 7 now, and loves to sing and dance and make up songs. The last time I saw him and said come here my Pickle, he stomped his foot and said, my name isn't Nicky Pickle, Its Nicky Martin. OMG, We were all laughing so hard, it was hysterical.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CRMSNTiDEGRL717
Since my name is Elizabeth and I go by Liz, there are lots of nicknames people come up w/. When I was about 5 some cousins on my dads side were all younger and couldn't pronounce much yet. When I was young I still went by Elizabeth and my cousins couldn't say it right. They said Libathis(pronouncing the th like think not that). Relatives on that side of the family still call me that. My stepdad calls me Lizard or Lizzy Lou. My best friend's mom called me many things: bizzle, bizfiz, bizbutt, bizzlebutt, bizzbody. Any variations of "biz" she called me and STILL does

[This message has been edited by CRMSNTiDEGRL717 (edited June 25, 2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by CRMSNTiDEGRL717:
[B]My best friend's mom called me many things: bizzle, bizfiz, bizbutt, bizzlebutt, bizzbody. Any variations of "biz" she called me and STILL does
B]
Liz, That's so funny because I get the same thing with Biz!! One of my relatives used to call me LizBiz and my best friend heard it one day and it just caught on, but now it's just become Biz or Bizzie. I get Lizard too! But the most common one is queen (hence my screenname) or queenie. When I was younger (like 10-11) I was the biggest brat you'd ever met, and I was sooo bossy, so my aunt and uncle started calling me Queen Elizabeth. It eventually got shortened to The Queen, and now it's just Queenie. So to everyone on my mom's side of the family I'm Queenie. It can be embarassing sometimes when my aunt and I are out in public and she's like "Hey Queenie" I'm sure people think that's my name!!
Old 06-26-2001, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Oh, I've had quite a few nicknames over the years. Some of them spawned out of the mispronounciation of my last name.

When I was really little, my mom's cousins started calling me Bopper, B Bopper, Bop, or B. I have no idea how this even started because I don't have a B anywhere in my name. My mom still calls me B, sometimes B Bopper if she's feeling crazy. And her cousins usually call me Bop or Bopper still.

Some of my friends in high school came up with a lot of names for me. My last name is Gehl (pronounced like hell...only with a hard G). Anyway, a lot of people would say "gel" or some other strange variation of the name. So some of my friends would call me Gel, Gellie, Gehl-fish, Gel-fish, Gills. Now, just a few of them still call me Gellie.

I can't really think of any of the nicknames that I have now. I think that most of my friends just call me Lindsay or Linds.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Well, I have to say I have a quiet humorous nickname and a good story to go along with it. When I was in high school I cheered. I went to Greenup County, which if any of you are familier with cheerleading you know it has like the most famous high school cheerleading team in the nation. Well, anyway, I was very thin, had long legs, and dark hair which I always pulled into a low pony-tail. Well, anyway, one of my coaches got this idea that I looked like Olive Oyle from Popeye. He soon began calling me Olive along with everyone on the cheerleading squad. Not only that but when the book about Greenup County cheerleading was written I was one of the main characters, and my chapter was even called Olive Oyle. Also, because I go to Morehead, just a little ways from Greenup and where most people in my hometown end up for college, it has now caught on there. Of course now though, I look nothing like Olive Oyle and when I am called olive they think it's because I love eating olives or something weird like that!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I really like this topic!

My Dad has always called me Piggy (while my big sis was 'Angel' hmmm..what does that say?!). Both parents call me Jen-wren and big sister always calls me 'Nif'. My real name is Jennie (vs Jennifer) and I used to get so upset at people calling me Jennifer so my big sis (naturally) decided this was a good way to torment me. This progressed to 'Niffer' and then 'Nif'. She still calls me this and is the only person to do so. It's funny that this name used to make me actually cry and now I'm so used to it (I'm 23). It worked really well for her when there was an advert over here for some air freshener with the slogan 'Gets rid of Nasty Nifs'!

Boyfriend calls me Jen-o or Jenster and a high school friend still calls me Jen-ball. No idea why. Like Amycat said, other people have picked up on this and tried to use it but it only works for her. I get quite annoyed if other people try to 'steal' her name for me (!). Most other folk just call me Jen (*yawn*)

I've always called my little sis 'Squirt' for the same reasons as my big sis...it used to make her cry instantly...aren't siblings terrible?!