GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,816
Threads: 114,780
Welcome to our newest member, MaritzaKel

Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

That is for you to decide. If you do end up going through rush at UA, which is coming up here very fast, you MUST have glowing recs for every house. No recs + poor GPA + Sophomore class standing = no bid.

AZTheta is one of our UA experts. You should listen to her.
With twin stars and kites above.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler123 View Post
Should I transfer to another school so I can get in? When you transfer does your GPA not transfer just the credits?
SMH.

I call troll now.

Next she will be asking about AI and rainbows and ponies land.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Should I transfer to another school so I can get in? When you transfer does your GPA not transfer just the credits?
NO. College is for getting a degree. Joining a sorority is a bonus. Please readjust your priorities.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, suddenly I'm smelling a troll.

/edit Jinx IrishLake!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Great minds, DSis!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think I want to be in a sorority anymore it just seems too competitive and very stressful. I guess I am realizing it is just not for me.
Okay, then. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't think I want to be in a sorority anymore it just seems too competitive and very stressful. I guess I am realizing it is just not for me.
Flounce fail. You forgot to add the part about how you don't want to join because sororities are full of meanies like the posters here.

Time for you to pledge the library.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Is there anything wrong with not being in a sorority?
What do you mean time for me to pledge the library?
I am not flouncing I am just realizing sororities are not for me. Sorority life does not fit everyone and I am just realizing it does not fit me.
There's nothing wrong with not being in a sorority even though I can't imagine not being in one. It's right for me but not right for everyone. I think it is really smart that you did your research and came to that conclusion before you went through the torture of recruitment. There are lots of clubs maybe you could find one that interests you? Good luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

okay I realize the OP has already decided not to go through recruitment, but in case any other U of A PNMs are reading this, I have something to say about grades.
Going into recruitment, I had a 2.8 high school gpa and I was terrified I was going to get cut because of it. I saw that only a few chapters had a minimum gpa low enough for me to get in. But I got recs and did tons of research and I ended up joining a house that has a 3.0 high school gpa requirement.

Not saying grades aren't important, BECAUSE THEY ARE. I'm just saying they are one of many factors. And while the first few rounds of cuts are generally made because of grades, its still possible to get a bid if you have other things going for you.

If you're deciding not to rush because you're afraid of getting cut because of your gpa, I think you're making a mistake. Its worth a try if its something you think would make you happy. But if its other reasons thats making you realize greek life isn't for you, then so be it. I just don't want you to not rush because you're afraid of getting dropped.