GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Beta Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,385
2 members and 2,383 guests
bjaessjnray2773, John

Old 12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Philanthropy Events?

Hi Ladies, I'm Ohio Iota's new VPP and I'm looking for ideas for a spring event! We'd like to do something with a fraternity on campus. Any ideas or past successes? Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-31-2009, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

We do "Bowling for Books" for FirstBook at the school's bowling and billiards center. It seems to work well on our campus.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jessipoo915
we just started "Noodles for Knowledge" at OH Epsilon. It was an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner that we had at night with the sisters serving people spaghetti with cute aprons and italian-style decorations throughout the house. It was a great event, and very successful! and everyone loves a food philanthropy

PM me if you want more details.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrowstrike - a bowling tournament with all the different sororities, fraternities, and community teams that want to participate

Arrowspike - a volleyball tournament

This spring, I'm starting a fundraiser for First Book at my chapter that is going to be called "Tie Dye with Pi Phi" or "PiPhiStock" (like woodstock) or even "Tye Dye Fest." We haven't decided yet. We are going to have a tye dye competition for each fraternity and sorority, and also professors in each department that want to participate. They tye dye at our house a week ahead of time, each group will send 3 for a team. At the fest, we will have the shirts on a clothes line and people can go look at them. Attendees can cast their votes for their favorite in each category, and the winners will be announced at the end - a sorority, a fraternity, a community team, and an academic department. There will also be bands there covering hippie songs, and there will be an open mic session. We're also hoping to have hair beading and wrapping, and we will also have dye for people who want to tye dye for fun and not compete, they just bring the shirts and wea are providing the bands, dye, water, buckets, etc. Putting in a team will cost $25. Getting in and voting is free, but to tye dye you have to have a wristband that will cost $10. If you buy a wristband, you are also eligible to sing in open mic and your vote counts twice.

Hope I gave you some good ideas. If you weren't asking for fundraisers, reply and I can give you some community service projects as well. If you choose to do any of these, please let me know. I'm current VPP and I can send you are paperwork and forms and make your life a whole lot easier.