GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,644
2 members and 2,642 guests
Xidelt

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I can’t wait until I can post TGIF. It’s only Tuesday and I’m already exhausted.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

If the sinking of the Titanic happened today, lol. Hilarious!

Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Why do my images keep disappearing?
Old Today, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lmao @ “pimped an entire city”.
He did, though. I don’t remember all the details, I just remember most/or all of his administration having some involvement in his corruption. At the time, I was living in Wixom and going to school in Detroit. I’d sometimes hear conversations about mayors before him who were also corrupt. He just got caught. I think there was some gun violence, too. He was no different than Al Capone, to me. Same mentality.
Romans 1:16
Old Today, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Why do my images keep disappearing?
Images on GC? All images or just some images? Is it still occurring?

It's possible that GC's server was just overloaded at the exact moment when your browser was downloading the images.

Once in a great while when I notice my browser loading a bit slower than normal, especially if it impacts more than 1 site, I'll clear my browser cache. Clearing just the cached images & files usually clears it all up. Don't clear your passwords, history, cookies, etc, unless you're sure you want to do that. I've rarely seen cookie files cause the same types of issues, but it can happen. With something like that you can test it out by deleting just the cookies from the one website impacted to see if doing that helps as well.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Old Today, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
He did, though. I don’t remember all the details, I just remember most/or all of his administration having some involvement in his corruption. At the time, I was living in Wixom and going to school in Detroit. I’d sometimes hear conversations about mayors before him who were also corrupt. He just got caught. I think there was some gun violence, too. He was no different than Al Capone, to me. Same mentality.
Where the hell is Wixom?
Old Today, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Where the hell is Wixom?
It’s about 15-20 minutes from Detroit… if that. I speed so it always depended on traffic for me. But normally, about 15-20 minutes.
Romans 1:16
Old Today, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Images on GC? All images or just some images? Is it still occurring?

It's possible that GC's server was just overloaded at the exact moment when your browser was downloading the images.

Once in a great while when I notice my browser loading a bit slower than normal, especially if it impacts more than 1 site, I'll clear my browser cache. Clearing just the cached images & files usually clears it all up. Don't clear your passwords, history, cookies, etc, unless you're sure you want to do that. I've rarely seen cookie files cause the same types of issues, but it can happen. With something like that you can test it out by deleting just the cookies from the one website impacted to see if doing that helps as well.
So, when I posted a picture of my dog, it disappeared. But then when I posted a picture of her again, it stayed. I’m not sure if it’s still there now, but it did stay up when I originally posted it. If I post images or gifs from the internet, those always stay. It’s just when it’s my own pictures or text image funnies I get from friends and family that don’t seem to stay.

I remember way back when, I could right click on a picture or image, copy and then paste, and that was it. But now, I have to type [img] [/img] and then paste the image right between the two brackets. I only recently started doing that after I looked it up on here to see how. But, I remember before when that wasn’t necessary. I wouldn’t have even known how to post pics that way years back.

Okay, so call me dumb, but I’m totally lost with the second part of your post, John. Yes, I’m like way computer illiterate, lol.
Old Today, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and I almost forgot to post WIFLSRN: Today at work, I had a patient who was loaded with fleas. These were Ctenocephalides felis, or simply the cat flea.

Anyway, as I combed through her fur, some were falling off the cat and landing on my exam table. I just watched them jump, and for some reason, I immediately started thinking.. “You annoying, little buggers are incredible creatures.” I mean, if they were like the size of a human being, they could easily leap over tall buildings.