GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,404
3 members and 1,401 guests
aagelusasd8172

Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay once again, I'm a active OES. First of all OES don't wear crossing jackets, OES has members that have a mind of there on and sometimes do the wrong things. Two OESFANS should wear there on clothes because they don't know how to protect the star and if you're challenge it will be taken. Third " OES and Mason" did pave the may for Divine 9 Masonry dates back to the Boston Tea Party. Divine Started in 1906.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuwun11 View Post
Okay once again, I'm a active OES. First of all OES don't wear crossing jackets, OES has members that have a mind of there on and sometimes do the wrong things. Two OESFANS should wear there on clothes because they don't know how to protect the star and if you're challenge it will be taken. Third " OES and Mason" did pave the may for Divine 9 Masonry dates back to the Boston Tea Party. Divine Started in 1906.
Yikes @ this entire response.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Third " OES and Mason" did pave the may for Divine 9 Masonry dates back to the Boston Tea Party. Divine Started in 1906.
You did not pave the way for the Divine 9.

Also Masonry goes back much further than the Boston Tea Party, and Prince Hall was not even initiated until 1775; Two years after the Boston Tea Party.

Please get your own history right before you try to come in and correct anothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Also stop killing the English language. Seriously your post should be classified as a hate crime.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
So which of the D9 sororities turned you down sugar?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPhire View Post
You did not pave the way for the Divine 9.

Also Masonry goes back much further than the Boston Tea Party, and Prince Hall was not even initiated until 1775; Two years after the Boston Tea Party.

Please get your own history right before you try to come in and correct anothers.
^^^ I like this guy.

Also, I hate to rehash old "debates" and analogies, but sheesh:

Just because something is older than me doesn't make it my father.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I said that Masonry dates back to The Boston Tea party which the men were masons so you do you're research, two some of the founders of Divine 9 fraternities were masons and Masonry is a Masonic Fraternity long before Divine 9 that's another reason why we say we pave the way. So I know my history from Divine Active Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha as well. You can say all you want you're not a M.M nor OES you don't have the ritual you're just going by online info. Don't take it personal.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

One more thing you are saying Prince Hall he didn't start masonry he had to go to England to get his on charter because they would give him one and you have more affiliations beside PHA. You have AFAM, Int'l. MFAM, FAM and United National. So keep reading online that's what's wrong with everyone trying to tell everyone in the org what's what. I know masonry dates back before the Boston Tea Party. The Bible DUH Solomons Temple the masons help build it. I'm talking about when it got started in the US
Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

How do you know none of the people who responded aren't Masons? And just because Masonry has been around before the D9 does not mean that the D9 or college fraternities in general owe anything to the Masons. Also Prince Hall was initiated in a military lodge in the US, then formed another lodge that was stricken from the roles at the creation of UGLE.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I said that Masonry dates back to The Boston Tea party which the men were masons so you do you're research, two some of the founders of Divine 9 fraternities were masons and Masonry is a Masonic Fraternity long before Divine 9 that's another reason why we say we pave the way. So I know my history from Divine Active Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha as well. You can say all you want you're not a M.M nor OES you don't have the ritual you're just going by online info. Don't take it personal.
Quote:
One more thing you are saying Prince Hall he didn't start masonry he had to go to England to get his on charter because they would give him one and you have more affiliations beside PHA. You have AFAM, Int'l. MFAM, FAM and United National. So keep reading online that's what's wrong with everyone trying to tell everyone in the org what's what. I know masonry dates back before the Boston Tea Party. The Bible DUH Solomons Temple the masons help build it. I'm talking about when it got started in the US
It took you two posts to even figure out what you were talking about. And as for the rest of your 'point' founding members having dual membership doesn't even imply "paving the way" much less prove it.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is making my head hurt. And I'm an active Eastern Star member and a Past Matron.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqwerfass View Post
hey, Guys it's impossible to know the whole truth about them!! it's awfull to make such suggestiions... maybe one of them is near to you)) we don't even know people who live with us..
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm an Star and I don't have a problem with us strolling or calling, as long as its clean and original. Its bad that we've put ourselves in a box and now that we want to express ourselves and our pride this way, we're looked down on. Its sad.... Really. What's even more sad is that many black OES members have Greek backgrounds. Its true that our teaching come from the bible but even God said that he would do a new thing so why not us
Old 09-29-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROV31 View Post
It's true that our teaching comes from the Bible but even God said that he would do a new thing so why not us
Photoshop of Jesus strolling. PLEASE.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Photoshop of Jesus strolling. PLEASE.

Quick and dirty. Very dirty.