GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,421
0 members and 2,421 guests
No Members online

Old 05-21-2004, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Question In desperate need for advice!

So, I know that this isn't really the best place to come for advice on realationships. But, i figured why not when i can get advice on everything else in life. Besides we are all Greeks and in college for the most part.>>>

Anyways, I hang out with the Sigma Pi's at my School all the time. They are super amazing guys, i would say that i am really good friends with about 50% of the chapter, the rest i'm on a hello howa re you doing basis. Anyways, there's this guy i've always thought was such a sweetheart but never gave him much of a thought about dating. Then all of a sudden after knowing each other for over a year, this lil romance starts. It was the most amazing 2 weeks of my entire life, then he left for internship in New York. Which is like 15 hours away from me. We talked in this 2 weeks about how he wanted me to move there, but i sitll have a year and a half left of college, and how when he got done with his internship he would look for a job in SC where is eventually where i want to go when i graduate. I have never felt something so strong in my whole entire life, or been so upset when someone left me. I just feel so shorted, because we had all this time together before and noithing happened until right before he left and it all happened so quickley. It's been almost 2 weeks and he hasn't left my head yet, i can't stop thinking about him. I've talked to hima couple times and even e-mailed him. He has horrible service out there though and is exstremly busy. Working 11 hour days, he made the comment that when i asked if he was homesick..he made the comment that he doens't even have the time to think about it.

So, my question is have any of you ever been in situations like htis? How did you know it was right, or didn't you?

I just really am confused right now, i would like any advice anyone would like to Give. Thankyou so much!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Banned

You are not uber wealthy so this will only end horribly. Just forget about it.

-Rudey
Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I would say to not stress too much... just be friends or attempt to have a long-distance relationship for now and see what happens if/when he comes back. It's just not real wise to move across the country for someone you've been dating two weeks, even if you were friends first.

Plus, it sounds like you have been calling and e-mailing him and he is not reciprocating? Even if he is busy, that's still a problem... be careful.

Last edited by sororitygirl2; 05-21-2004 at 08:52 PM.