GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,795
2 members and 2,793 guests
naraht

Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidKD View Post
OH MY GOD. Again.

Ps...mothers universally dislike you because you take the word "tool" to a whole new level
lol
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidKD View Post
Hijack: What do you do when a friend comes to you really upset and wants to trash the SO? I feel like this happens a lot. They are upset, you comfort them and talk about how dumb he is and blah blah blah. Then this person comes back, and you are supposed to forget all the things they confided to you about how terrible he treated her and what not.
You can listen to them, comfort them without joining in the bashing.

BFF: He's such a jerk! He's so selfish! I can't believe I wasted my time dating him.

You: I'm sorry you're hurting so much but you need to realize that no relationship is a waste of time if you learn something from it. What did you learn from this?

Kinda like that. YOU are not actually bashing him.

I can't stand my dad's wife. While they were dating, my dad broke things off at one point because her kids are so screwed up and he was afraid he'd end up having to deal with that forever. He said to me "I don't think you ever really liked her anyway, did you?" I said "Dad, what's important to me is that you are happy." Completely evaded the question. Good thing since they've been married for 18 years now.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I no longer believe the OP. I call troll.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEP Guy View Post
You don't know anything about manhood, dating, or women.
Which is why he's a man who is dating a woman. And you are? Exactly.

Does anyone find it kinda funny that a guy named Pep is talking about Peeps? iChuckled.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
5 threads and dozens of ridiculous posts later? Lol

Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Seems like every sistah I've ever dated, her mom was in our mix like a bad deejay. Everything we did, everything I said, anything I wore, she had an opinion on. There were times when I was madd broke, trying to gift my girl, but her peeps always had something smart to say, always scrutinizing and devaluing me and my tokens of affection. I bought one of my girls a stuffed animal with an earring in its ear, and her moms was like, "What are you, in grade school?" When I bought one girlfriend some candy, her peeps said, "Why the fuck he buy you some Lemonheads?" Didn't matter that it was her favorite candy -my thoughtfulness didn't count. When I bought another girl Godiva chocolate, her moms convinced her it was too exotic and put it in the freezer, where she would fetch it a year later during an emotional case of the "lonelies." I asked one dad if we could have a man-to-man talk and he said "You'd better speak to my wife." I asked another father the same thing, and he looked around confused.

I expect her parents to be critical, but I don't expect them to be combative, interfering, or destructive. It's not that I'm sensitive but it's hard to pitch woo when someone is standing on the sidelines rating your efforts. The truth is, you can probably dodge and dismiss the friends. But you have to deal with her family -there's no way around it. I'd know it if there was.

Does anybody else have this problem?
OMG!!! I didn't even read all of this but you don't date sistahs anymore so your problems are solved. Have a happy relationship now....ugh.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
5 threads and dozens of ridiculous posts later? Lol
Shuddup. lol I haven't been around since last week when the idiocy was still relatively contained.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Are these women young? They seem very impressionable, and it also sounds like they love the drama and the mess.

My parents have historically stayed out of my relationships--except once when they felt my college sweetheart wasn't going to be a good provider. They said their piece and kept it moving.

My mom, however, gave me some good advice: NEVER talk stink about your friend's significant other. If you suspect abuse or infidelity, you can share your concern, but never criticize the boyfriend/girlfriend. If they break up, you still don't say anything--support your friend, but don't dog out the ex because you never know if he's going to be back! (Other than that one issue, my parents won't say anything bad about my ex-boyfriends.)

I'd say now that I have 4 friends, whom I've had for 12 years or longer, whom I could trust to say something about a boyfriend. The irony of that, however, is that they're such good friends that they probably WOULD NOT criticize. The rest of them don't have that privilege with me. One friend was very critical about my boyfriend at the time; it wasn't about any real issue--he just didn't like that my ex didn't want to go out drinking with our group. I told him that it wasn't his place to say anything about my boyfriend--and cut him off. I didn't speak to him for a while after that because I felt like my relationship came first and I was going to defend my boyfriend. Another friend said some pretty bad things about my ex a few weeks ago--I told this one, again, that it wasn't his place to say anything. Both of these friends were more upset that I wasn't out at the bars with them anymore than they were concerned that my boyfriend was a bad match.

It's important to find a woman whose boundaries are strong enough that she's not bending to every thing her friends or parents say.
OMG! Why are you seriously answering this dude? You should've stopped at lemonheads. LOL!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You don't know anything about manhood, dating, or women. Dumb ass.

Romans 1:16
Old 08-10-2011, 04:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's hard finding a woman who's peeps are like that, especially a sistah's peeps. I don't think I'm all of the problem. Some, but not all.
http://youtu.be/zvh3B_MTbGo

Old 08-10-2011, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post

Does anyone find it kinda funny that a guy named Pep is talking about Peeps? iChuckled.
LOL it's cool because, "dating" to him is about having sex (nothing more, nothing less). "Dating" to me is about collecting data (nothing more, nothing less). So his thoughts about me and "dating etc" are expected.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 08-10-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Bullshit.

Good luck getting your jacked up mind in order.
You're a sell out, man. You're not a true brotha. As black men, we're supposed to stick together, which you have proven otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
I still don't know what that is, I only responded to this terminology because I knew it meant something negative. I'm just as serious as y'all. Funny that I can't post my views on relationships without some fool thinking I'm playing. This could be a decent, serious discussion. Folks talk about this on the Michael Baisden show all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I don't know him nor do I know you. Just another soft, dusty dick Kappa to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
OMG!!! I didn't even read all of this but you don't date sistahs anymore so your problems are solved. Have a happy relationship now....ugh.
I still go out with sistahs, but not for anything serious. I can't deal with that attitude for long-term. In fact, when I see a sistah with a white boy, I say "good, because that's one less attitude I have to put up with."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL it's cool because, "dating" to him is about having sex (nothing more, nothing less). "Dating" to me is about collecting data (nothing more, nothing less). So his thoughts about me and "dating etc" are expected.
Laughing -like I said, you don't know anything about women, or dating. Based on this post, you're clueless. Sex? That's not what dating is about for me. Do I like having sex? Yes, I do. Do you? Like I said, you sound soft to me, lacking manhood. If you're gay, which you problaby are, I understand. You don't understand the rules of the game. It's either play or be played on. And if you do have a girl, she's probably fucking around on you anyway. Keep dreaming, homes.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You're a sell out, man. You're not a true brotha. As black men, we're supposed to stick together, which you have proven otherwise.

I still don't know what that is, I only responded to this terminology because I knew it meant something negative. I'm just as serious as y'all. Funny that I can't post my views on relationships without some fool thinking I'm playing. This could be a decent, serious discussion. Folks talk about this on the Michael Baisden show all the time.

I don't know him nor do I know you. Just another soft, dusty dick Kappa to me.

I still go out with sistahs, but not for anything serious. I can't deal with that attitude for long-term. In fact, when I see a sistah with a white boy, I say "good, because that's one less attitude I have to put up with."

Laughing -like I said, you don't know anything about women, or dating. Based on this post, you're clueless. Sex? That's not what dating is about for me. Do I like having sex? Yes, I do. Do you? Like I said, you sound soft to me, lacking manhood. If you're gay, which you problaby are, I understand. You don't understand the rules of the game. It's either play or be played on. And if you do have a girl, she's probably fucking around on you anyway. Keep dreaming, homes.

Successful troll is successful.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
True dat.

GC is boring as hell these days.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
True dat.

GC is boring as hell these days.
This interaction continues to slay me, sirs.

Quote:
Folks talk about this on the Michael Baisden show all the time.
I actually like the Michael Baisden show, but I'm uncertain why you keep bringing it up?

Quote:
You don't understand the rules of the game. It's either play or be played on.
What an incredibly sad and immature outlook on life. You need Jesus.