GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,289
0 members and 2,289 guests
No Members online

Old 05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
fixed
LOL Nah, don't fix it for me. I meant it the way I said it. You don't need to tell me to be independent. And if he needs me to pay the tip...apparently HE isn't independent LMBO
Old 05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
"So when are we gonna have sex?"

Another fix.
The date would be over, effective immediately.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyface08 View Post
The date would be over, effective immediately.
"So...we ain't never gonna have sex?"

"Can I at least get a kiss?"
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

LOL! There wouldn't be time to ask those questions. I'd be out the door after the first question.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyface08 View Post
LOL! There wouldn't be time to ask those questions. I'd be out the door after the first question.
..but...but...we're at YOUR house.

Fine....hmmm, what is this in her nightstand drawer?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
..but...but...we're at YOUR house.

Fine....hmmm, what is this in her nightstand drawer?
LOL! I hate you.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Even though I only read GC, I have to respond to this.

Way back I had a friend who set me up on a blind date. She thought (ugh) her guy friend and I would make a good match.
I am a small framed person 5'3" and weight about 100 to 105 lbs. As we sat down at this restaurant, the first words that came out of his mouth were “Boy your fat.”

Thank goodness, his pager went off. I got up and said, you better get your page and tell them your date sucks and I left.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I have learned that any date with DaemonSeid would be a bad one.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
*Any mention of your kids or babymamas.

*Anytime a guy says "Oh I don't read."

*Overly metrosexual appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
*Talking about money (either how much you have or how broke you are).

*Referring to exes as "psycho." Chances are good that your last relationship did not end solely because she was "crazy." I never buy that.

*Detailed discussion of exes and/or repeated name-dropping of one ex.

*Excessive discussion about drinking/partying. If every story you tell starts with "This one time, I was really wasted..." it's not going to work out.

*Lack of tangible career goals. Ex: "I'm working on getting my band off the ground" is not a career goal.

*Constant discussion of ones' material possessions. Ex: your car, TV, condo, etc.

*Music snobbery. If you ask me what bands/groups/artists I like, I tell you, and you launch into some big spiel about how they're "sellouts" or how you "don't get how that's considered music" it's not going to work out.
Quote:

Yes, yes, and YES!

I'll add: bad conversation skills. If you can't talk carry a basic conversation, and keep the conversation going, it's really not inspiration to go out again.

Not paying for the first date. I'm all for equal rights and what not. I feel the only way a woman should pay for the first date if:

1. she specifically says she's treating
2. she invited him to something that costs money (ie. admission)
3. if she did the asking. this is tricky, because it has to be specifically be referred to as a date. none of this "whatcha up to, let's 'hang out' tonight." friends hang out. friends also pay for themselves. hanging out puts you on equal ground. with a date, however, whoever is doing the asking out should take the responsibility of paying and deciding on the whereabouts. of course the other person should have input but i get really annoyed when i'm asked out on a date, we meet up, then it's all "so.. where do you want to go?"
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I have learned that any date with DaemonSeid would be a bad one.
LOL
Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

All of these are from experience:

1. Any talk about your "crazy ex" and we're finished. If you do this on a first date, my first thought is that you're actually the crazy one.
2. A guy once told me on a first date that he wants 8 kids. That's just really...forward.
3. Same dude as #3 also told me that his future wife will stay at home because he doesn't believe women should work outside of the home.
4. If a guy checks his phone all the time right off the bat, it makes it really hard to start/maintain a conversation.
5. Not paying (with few exceptions). I'm a little old-fashioned about this but I believe that if a guy asks me on a date and takes the time to plan it, he should also pay for it. I once had a guy who "had to make a phone call" the second the dinner bill came and he disappeared for like 20 minutes, effectively leaving me with the bill. When he came back, he tried to act all surprised that I had paid. Yuck.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

True Story:

1. You take her to Morton's and she's not comfortable and says she wants to go to Chilli's. (Didn't happen to me.)
Old 05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

He pays with a $100 bill. Sounds benign but I think it's trying to show off (although who uses cash these days, anyway?)

My sister's ex-husband paid for something with a $100 bill on their first date, and although it led to a long marriage, it obviously ended badly. That was back when $100 was really a lot of money. When I was in college, a first date pulled out a $100 bill to pay for movie tickets and I immediately thought, "Uh-oh." Sure enough, it turned out to be one of the worst dates of my life. We went back to his apartment to play checkers (probably another warning sign) and I beat him soundly the first round and was about to do it again when he purposely knocked the checker board off of the table and exclaimed, "Now, no one can win!" I asked him to take me home soon after. When I got back to the sorority house, I found out that everyone was at a fraternity party, so I went, too. (My bad date wasn't greek.) He asked me the next week why I didn't answer when he called me that night to check to make sure that my story about wanting to go to bed early was legit. Nice.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xibair View Post
Thank goodness, his pager went off. I got up and said, you better get your page and tell them your date sucks and I left
Ha ha. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPhire View Post
True Story:

1. You take her to Morton's and she's not comfortable and says she wants to go to Chilli's. (Didn't happen to me.)
Maybe she was vegetarian/vegan? I know some people who are can't stand to even be around the smell of meat.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Ha ha. Awesome.

Maybe she was vegetarian/vegan? I know some people who are can't stand to even be around the smell of meat.
She wasn't a vegetarian. Trust me, and had no problems ordering a steak from Chili's. LOL

This wasn't a blind date situation. He knew her...unfortunately he didn't know her THAT well.