GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,139
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zabyanusasdo530
» Online Users: 1,153
1 members and 1,152 guests
KatieKate1244

Old 05-01-2017, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

The comments on these stories always amaze me, especially the ones from parents and alumnae who think they are entitled to a full explanation of all the gory details about what happened. In addition, I am also astonished at the commenters who believe that the girls don't know why they got kicked out, and that the girls were angels who spent their free time drinking lemonade on the front porch swing.

I am not a DDD. I have never been involved in a chapter review, and only once in the termination of a chapter sister. I never served on my chapter's Standards committee. Yet, I fully get that chapter business is chapter business and no one outside of the chapter is owed an explanation. Any information that would be shared would only serve to create more problems for the chapter. I also have no doubt that communication is clear and strong when it comes to all disciplinary issues. No one gets blind-sided with a termination.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much, Comrades True, for expressing my thoughts exactly! No one has been blindsided by this.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
I really cannot believe that:

1. People actually think the members don't know why this happened.

2. Parents are involved.

I was in the meeting with the Executive Board at convention when the decision was made to close my own chapter (numbers, not risk management reasons). It is an experience I would never wish on anyone.

The thought that Tri Delta would close a chapter like IU on a whim without making the process exceedingly clear to the members over many months is ludicrous. Only someone with their head in the sand and in complete denial would think otherwise. For DDD to close down this chapter, it had to be bad and long-term.
As a member of Tri Delta, your remarks are well stated and incredibly spot on. And you're right - the young women in the chapter know [I]exactly[I] why their national took this step.