GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,535
3 members and 2,532 guests
John, LaneSig, navane

Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

^^ giggle
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Y'all are just full of rejectment because the men of Chi Ognac chose to honor me as the Oak Barrel Beauty this year and I decide who will and won't be passed any Courvoisier or have access to the bottle of Hennessy on the shelf.

So my chapter decided to be nicer to the fat Vintagorities and no longer call them "fat" but "full bodied" if they have cute faces but need to be a little less complex if you know what I mean. The others we're calling "Ripples" since they are only seen at Fred Sanford's junk yard or covered up by a paper bag if in public. Then the most unfortunate of them all, the "After Darks" because that's the only time to have a social with them, after dark so nobody sees you.
But if you take the fat Vintagorities, your chapter will be committing social suicide! OMGeee!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
The lane done veered off the road entirely
I let out a cackle at the imagery. I will remain in my lane.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I have no apology for my wino talk, I had a pretty high fever and that's how I expressed myself since the drugs weren't working.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I feel like every time we see a historically black, non-nphc organization, they are automatically labeled a ''nphc wanna-be.'' We cannot deny that the organizations which make up the current nphc are the most well know historically black organizations and that , IMO, is a reflection of their success. (I say current because the organizations which make up the nphc itself are liable to change in the future.) However, when we have groups like G Phi G, S Phi S, and after reading this post and the former I will add Wine to that list, who put so much energy and emphases in saying 'no we are not a GLO or no we are not nphc and when we had 140 chapter members on so-n-so campus 30 years ago we were better than the nphc orgs,' they themselves legitimize the claim. Secondly, if they are trying to reorganize then why are their members coming on GC trying to start cyber drama? If you believe your organization is so righteous, and displays the true meaning of brotherhood, then why to you feel the need to amplify the downfalls of others to make yourselves look good? Why not foster the merits of your own org and focus your energies on the good you claim to do. Lastly, your founders had to know that including the acronym W.I.N.E in your name would cause non-members to associate your org with alcohol, so if you want to maintain that this association is a matter of ignorance you should probably point that finger in another direction.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voLTAgeDEuce View Post
I feel like every time we see a historically black, non-nphc organization, they are automatically labeled a ''nphc wanna-be.''
GC NPHCers did not say W.I.N.E. are wannabes.

I don't know how W.I.N.E. is treated in real life because I have never heard of them until GC. I am avoiding any wine sipping jokes.

Last edited by DrPhil; 12-01-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
GC NPHCers did not say W.I.N.E. are wannabes.

I don't know how W.I.N.E. is treated in real life because I have never heard of them until GC. I am avoiding any wine sipping jokes.
I'm sipping on gin and juice.

Laid back, with my mind on my fever and my fever on my mind.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm sipping on gin and juice.

Laid back, with my mind on my fever and my fever on my mind.

Well, VS, I about snorted my own gin and juice back out my nose reading your posts, but I hope you get better soon! NICE turns of phrase there and the way you fit the booze in--classic!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
The lane done veered off the road entirely
Too much WINE will do that to ya...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys need to chill.

In reading most of these posts, I can't help but smile at some and nod my head at others. I'm a Brother of Wine Psi Phi Social Fraternity and it seems that there are a few misconceptions as to what my fraternity is really about.

On behalf of the Frat, I apologize if some Bros have come off a little salty. Many of you on this site are younger than pretty much all of the Brothers of WINE, and due to this, have never heard of us. We weren't a national organization when we were founded--more like regional--so there are some areas where even older people don't know who we are. If you have older people in your fam who went to colleges up and down the eastern seaboard, chances are they know who we are. The 60's gave birth to many "Social" orgs on predominantly black campuses including Wine, Groove, Iota (Yes, Iota stared as a "Social Fraternity"), Esquires and others unfairly categorized as "Mock" organizations by many members of NPHC orgs. Wines were never 'wannabes' as someone posted on this thread; many blacks during the Black Power Period chose not to label themselves as "Greeks". Frankly, our founders could have named the frat Epsilon had that been their choice. Many campuses didn't allow fraternities to form unless they had Greek letters in their names, thus the PSI and PHI in our name. Our founders simply saw a need to organize but didn't want a Greek title. Greek-lettered frats modeled themselves using Masonry, but that didn't make Phi Beta Kappa Masonic 'wannabes'. Non-Greeks modeled themselves after Masonry and Greeks. That doesn't make us 'wannabes.'

IDGAF is a secret motto for us. People didn't text in the 60's, so IDGAF back then wasn't assumed to mean what I'm sure you all assume it means. Had our motto been, Learn, Motivate, Achieve and Objectivate, I'm sure we would catch comments over LMAO too. Some Brothers may play around and say that we don't give an F as much as some Kappas say they can always 'find new p___y', or a Sigma claiming to be a 'god over mutts, apes and bunnies'. Sometimes it just is what it is. We know what it really means and if non members want to play around with what they think it means, it's a free country, have at it.

Wines are taught when they pledge to view the world as one family under one God. We're all interconnected in some way so its best to treat each other with respect. I don't hate on Greeks, so I don't expect them to hate on me. I respect your frats, so please respect mine.

Yes, we're in the process of bringing WINE out of its dormant period. I won't discuss in detail, since its fraternity business. Other than that, If you have questions about my frat, hit me up.

Peace to everyone and IDGAF to all of my Brothers.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

The NPHCers who posted in this thread are already chill.

There is truly no need for explaining anything. I hope you participate in other aspects of this message board beyond defending your organization, which needs no defense.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Duly noted.

I'm well aware that my org has been off the map for a good long time and many have no clue as to what it is--leave alone understand what its about. I'd just rather come in the door humbly as opposed to walking in pissing people off.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catawba1959 View Post
I'd just rather come in the door humbly as opposed to walking in pissing people off.
Then chill. Do not turn Wine Psi Phi into one of those organizations that people only hear about when members randomly show up to explain and defend.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:

Epsilon Gallo is so bottom tier since they are at campii like Carlo Rossi, Andre Sparkling Wine, and that farmer hick chapter Boone's Farm.
I prefer Andre Sparkling Wine to most others, so I guess that makes me a groupie.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Then chill. Do not turn Wine Psi Phi into one of those organizations that people only hear about when members randomly show up to explain and defend.
Oh you won't have to worry about that.