GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,292
4 members and 1,288 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, Xidelt

Old 08-30-2016, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto on what everyone else is saying. Thank you for your family's service to our country: I have a sorority sister whose husband is in the Navy and they just deployed to Italy for 3 years. I know it's very hard for her and her 4 kids to have to move every few years after finally getting settled into a community. So thank you to the service member and the family. Your sacrifices are appreciated.

And congrats to you and your daughter. Whatever sorority she joined is very lucky to have her. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to your daughter! I am so glad that she got her first choice. She sounds like a terrific young woman, with a kind heart and a level head.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Firstly thanks to you and your family to your service and sacrifice to our country. Secondly, considering how you've conducted yourself with such grace, its no surprise that your daughter had picked up some great life skills from her mom. Thirdly congrats to your daughter and I'm glad she found her "people".
Old 09-01-2016, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Your story of your experience almost perfectly matched my DD2 recruitment story this year. If it had not been for this website, we would have been lost and upset when she had 1 (her favorite) for preference!!
Old 09-03-2016, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I recognize this campus as my own and also thrilled she found her home!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmom View Post
Your story of your experience almost perfectly matched my DD2 recruitment story this year. If it had not been for this website, we would have been lost and upset when she had 1 (her favorite) for preference!!
Congrats to you and your daughter, too!

Having your favorite and only your favorite is maybe the best possible world under RFM. You are guaranteed a bid if you finish the process and maximize your options and since you only have that one house left, you are guaranteed a bid to them. Everybody gets cut down to one house on bid day, but there can be a lot of anxiety before the bids are handed out. If you have only one house left for pref and you love it, all that anxiety is over. You know where you are going.

If you only have one house left at pref and you don't want a bid from them, you have time to think it over, withdraw from recruitment, and focus your attention elsewhere or plan for COB. It's much better than signing a bid card and getting a bid that you won't take.