GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,367
1 members and 2,366 guests
oncegreek

Old 11-23-2009, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Everyone......again I'm a few months behind the last post but If any one has it please send it to me too! I've seen it before and it's nothing bad....actually more humorous than anything else. No Rituals are being exposed I promise!

-Sandy
Old 01-08-2010, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaEtaKP
I would like this, too!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I've tried contacting the current chapter president of my chapter, and the adviser and no one in my area knows about this tradition. Only bits and pieces, but nothing really useful. I'd really appreciate it if someone could send me the info (PM). I'm engaged and it sounds like something I'd love to do at my wedding
Old 02-26-2010, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
There's a reason why she's sending it privately, and she's been a Phi Mu far longer than you. (lol sage sorry for the "far longer" part, I could probably say the same as well)
Never fear! I assure you, the Order of the Pink Garter is NOT Phi Mu ritual. It's a wonderfully goofy ceremony that was made up to "initiate" husbands (and sometimes boyfriends) into their life with a Phi Mu--it doesn't reveal any of Phi Mu's Ritual at all.

The reason Pam was sending it out privately is probably because, even though it's NOT Ritual, it's not something the whole world needs to be able to get their hands on. Like our official signature, though, it's not critical that it be kept secret.

P.S. - Only our Pledging, Initiation, Closed Founders' Day, and Closed Memorial services are truly secret (and even then, Pledging isn't totally secret, but that's neither here nor there). The Open Founders' Day, Open Memorial, 3-D, and I *believe* Ribboning services are also found in our Ritual. The Mother's Pin ceremony is an official ceremony, but it is not found in our Ritual. (At least that's how I remember it, having been my chapter's Ritual Chair for 4 of my 5 years in college, five years ago.)
Macon Magnolias
Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
You are correct regarding Mother's Pinning.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

If someone could send me the info I would really appreciate it! I'm a GammaDelta chapter alum getting married April 2012 in Pensacola Beach, FL and I've been searching all over for fun ways to incorporate Phi Mu into the festivities.

NicoleMarieFleming at gmail com
Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

If someone has it I would REALLY love it as well. My boyfriend proposed to me in front of the whole chapter so he clearly knows how important Phi Mu is to me! My chapter sings one of our songs to the bride and groom at the wedding, but I would love to do something more. Please private message me! Thanks!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

may i please also be sent the ritual? my chapter lost a lot of stuff a few years ago and i dont think anyone knows about "the pink garter" and we have a few girls getting married soon
Old 03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

lochness, are you saying your chapter needs the actual Ritual book? If so, your President and/or Adviser needs to contact Executive Office about it. If you're interested in the Pink Garter CEREMONY (NOT Ritual), try sending Pam (sageofages on the first page of this thread) a PM. I don't have the ceremony myself, otherwise I'd send it to you.
Macon Magnolias
Old 04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Please do not send Lochness anything online, open ceremony or ritual or whatever. Anyone who registers and their first post is about ritual is suspect.

KLTC
Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
Please do not send Lochness anything online, open ceremony or ritual or whatever. Anyone who registers and their first post is about ritual is suspect.

I didn't even think to look at how many posts or how new Lochness was! Good call! Don't worry, though--I would NEVER, EVER post or send anything from our Ritual. (Pink Garter, though, not even being official Ritual...)
Macon Magnolias
Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

The Royal Order of the Pink Garter is widely known throughout many collegiate and also alumnae chapters. I've participated in the ceremony a few times and it is so much fun! Why don't you have your chapter leadership contact your area director or even your local alumnae chapter and ask for a copy? Use your Phi Mu contacts that you have easily available to you.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

if someone could send this to me too that would be great. u can send it to my email sara_G_0991@yahoo.com or send a message to me on facebook "SaraAnn Gueory Φ Μ"
Old 04-27-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraAnn Phi Mu View Post
if someone could send this to me too that would be great. u can send it to my email . . . or send a message to me on facebook . . .
lane swerve

Assuming that anyone was actually willing to send what might be ritual info to an internet stranger, posting your email or similar personal information on a public forum is rarely a good idea. That's why we have PMs here.

/lane swerve
Old 04-27-2010, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

All Phi Mu members have access to programs and information by simply using their area contacts and resources. You can even use technology by logging onto the members-only Bloom network or Leadership Center to request this stuff.

Let's do ourselves a favor and not just e-blast out materials to the first person of the day that asks for it. PMP

//double lane swerve - two lefts, and a right //