GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,342
2 members and 2,340 guests
Cookiez17, flamboyanttree

Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

New site for BGLOs

I am a software engineer, and I have launched a new site that allows BGLOs to archive chapter members. I will be updating the site with new features in the days and weeks to come. No popups or ads, just information. It is its beta release now and any feedback will be helpful(Be gentle please).

The url is http://www.pledgeclub.com

Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84sigma View Post
I am a software engineer, and I have launched a new site that allows BGLOs to archive chapter members. I will be updating the site with new features in the days and weeks to come. No popups or ads, just information. It is its beta release now and any feedback will be helpful(Be gentle please).

The url is http://www.pledgeclub.com

Thanks
What does archive chapter members mean? And if you are a Phi Beta Sigma or a Sigma Gamma Rho why haven't you posted this in those forums respectively?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 02-16-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess I don't really understand the purpose of this site. Most chapters should be keeping their own records of members.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

My impetus for creating the site came from my line just celebrated our 25 year anniversary. When I reconnected I was surprised how separated I was with not just members of my frat, but members of other orgs. So I figured this would be a way to re assemble your line electronically and share information.

This is just the initial step. I will integrate the social media sites with mine.

Thanks for the reply
Old 02-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

With all due respect, your logic behind starting the site makes sense. Why others would need your site to do this is what doesn't make sense. Is it simply convenience?

I always say the things that are important to people don't need such assistance or to be made so simple. Those of us who are close with our lines, home chapters, Sorors or frat in general, and keep in contact with other NPHCers know how to do so.

If people don't know how to do so with the existence of technology like email and listserves, yahoo groups, and facebook then it just isn't that important and it's just not meant to be.

As for much older members who dropped out of contact before the Internet got so fancy schmancy, they still know avenues to find people if they so desire. There are tons of members who crossed 50+ years ago who hate this "new technology" but darn sure never stopped knowing how to find their line brother or have an idea of how to reconnect.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for your respectful response. And I guess you are correct. I will leave it up just the same. It was a good experience developing the site. I have since found a somewhat similar site call divine9online. Just by looking at the traffic of the site, I concur with your conclusion.