GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,368
0 members and 1,368 guests
No Members online

Old 09-09-2002, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down did you expect them to?

sometimes, you just shut the door. you saw the hugs and the celebration and the first meeting with the whole crew.
i guess my questions would be who else depledged? they started with 14 and initiated 10. we know about two...what about the other two?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2002, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dsmmi12 Send a message via Yahoo to dsmmi12
Talking Final Episode

The final episode of sorority Life just aired and I am SOOO GLAD!!! Although I am a member of Delta Sigma Theta a NPHC organization with a VERY different pledge process....... I am still embarassed for the entire GREEK COMMUNITY.

These girls did NOTHING. At least nothing that was televised that was remotely difficult, challenging or even reflective of sisterhood. I know that MTV has the power of the camera and they must create a season that people will enjoy and come back too. There was actually an email circulating among the NPHC orgs back when the concept arose telling everyone to REFUSE the offer.

MTV trivialized their entire experience and SO DID THE GIRLS PLEDGING. These woemn lived in a Plush house....and stayed in the most exclusive suite in Las Vegas. HARDLY anything close to my pledge process or REAL LIFE for that matter. What was up with the "ghetto" comment while in San Francisco?????

I wonder if the women of the sorority modified the experience at all for the cameras. Did they hold back? I WISH I would have told one of my Big Sisters "Fuck you". I STILL will never tell some of the women who pledged me "Fuck you". WTF was up with that.

I look at some of the things that these girls did...they constantly expected someone to kiss thier butts and make everything convenient for them. I WONDER how they will treat the next "Pledge Class".

They should have dropped the whole enebriated house.

Had one of these girl been hospitalized during one of thier alchoholic binges...surely they would have been accused of hazing. lol

I am glad it is over! I feel sorry for people who are looking to pledge this quarter. Thanks to MTV they now have a warped sense of what it is all about......OR WAS THIS THE REALITY hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-09-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

No, I really didn't expect them to show the ritual. But, it would've be cool if they did. Just out of sheer curiousity.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 09-10-2002, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Seriously, I'm angry about it...

Ok, my final observations of the show.

1). I wont lie. I cant stand Jordan. I don’t understand what she is crying about either. "Its not right, I don’t belong , blah blah." My memo to her reads as follows;

MEMORANDUM

TO: Jordan Trailer Park
DATE: September 9, 2002
RE: Your Lyin' Cheatin' Ways
I am sorry that you feel that you are the victim, when clearly you are the instigator of most of the problems that you're involved in. The victim thing is so passé anyway. After all, you got what you wanted, and to those of us who are Greek, it was very obvious. You were out for your 15 minutes. You got it. We have some lovely parting gifts for you, thank you for playing. Now get off the stage.

This crying bit,"You don’t understand what I am going through, I just lost my grandfather." Um. NO. Yeah, you're the only one on the freaking planet who's ever lost a relative. Shut up brofore I smack you like I'm related to you. Didn’t they say Mara had just lost a relative too? She wasn’t carrying on like that. Also I find it interesting that NOW the spit of grief has come over you. Sure didn’t seem to be bothering you when that stripper had her tittys in your face after you ditched formal.

(Am I the only one who found the obvious FLAW in their lie, when they said they were scared when they got to formal, "the people walking by" quote I believe it was. If that was the case, you get there and stay. They didn’t say they were afraid of the peeps INSIDE the hotel. So you get there and you stay there. You don’t go outside of you are afraid of the peeps outside. But interesting enough you were fine to GO OUTSIDE and catch a cab and go running around the streets of San Fran. Sorry the Catholic School girl routine dont cut it with me.)

Also, being a pledge isn’t that hard. YOU SHUT THE FU*K UP FOR 3 MONTHS, DO AS TOLD, AND YOU'RE IN. This tired routine of , "oh I cant handle it, yall don’t understand." Shut up. Seriously. You need to understand that you are joining something larger than yourself, it's an implied social contract. You give up certain rights to get others in return. You agree that at times you need to shut up, bite your lip, act like a lady, show some decorum, etc. whathaveyou for the benefits of sisterhood. I guess she was too busy drinking her way around Davis to spend enough time learning to be a lady. (Also what is this, "its too little too late" crap. Youre joining them, not the other way around. You need to get to know them. So cut that shit out)

This next part of the memo is to the sisters of SAEPi. Thanks. All of my GDI friends think ya'll are judgmental. They believe what MTV portrayed, that ya'll didn’t like her 'cause she's the pretty one. On behalf of the rest of us Greeks, thanx. We'll clean the mess up from here.

My last admonishment of the SAEPi gals. I bout fell outta my chair when that PLEDGE trash told a sister to fu*k off. Yall looked the DAYMN FOOL for still wanting to initiate her after that. Not only would a motherfu*ker be cut if he tried that crap in my house, but hed get a well deserved ass whoopin after. I would assume that your org means as much to you as mine does to me….so why even extend her the opportunity for sisterhood after that. It made yall look cheap and pitiful.

I don’t get the whole Mara thing. Its obvious Jordan talked her out of it. Just like she tried to do with that big nosed gal. She didn’t fall for it but obviously Mara did. Jordan didn’t want to be the only one "who got beat down by it all" or whatever…her words, not mine.

Proof is in the pudding: She showed her manupalitive hand when she called the sisters to say she wanted to take the test and was on her way. She knew she just wanted the drama of going up on stage and telling them off. She had her mind made up 3 days earlier. It was obvious.

When this all started, we all figured it would be just MTV screwing over the sisters. Turns out they got it from both ends. MTV and their pledges. Need a cigerette? You just got fu*ked.

SAEPi: Please dont bitch about my observations and comments. If you didn’t want them, you shouldn’t have sold out to MTV where we could all watch.

Was a couple of cases of Diet Pepsi really worth all this?

Last edited by lifesaver; 09-10-2002 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:09 AM
UMgirl

LMAO

I am sorry for laughing but I had a really bad day and the above post just made it better
Old 09-10-2002, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

lol you truly are a lifesaver... i was buried in Stats homework and randomly decided to read posts to procrastinate a lil. Your memo made me laugh so much!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I just want to point out and give due respect to Leslie and Leah. I believe these ladies have the true spirirt of sisterhood in their hearts. Leslie was upset about the events of the whole quarter and commented on how it was a learning experience. I really felt forher when she was crying outside the blue and gold dinner. I think SAEPi will grow stronger after this especially since Jordan and Mara took the initiative and left on their own. I'm glad they did for the sake of the organization as a whole.
I really hope that next seasons sorority has taken notes from this.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I was really sad to hear that Jordan and Mara did not initiate. I know a lot of you feel otherwise, but these girls were treated like crap. Did you ever see the pledges and sisters hanging out with each other?? No! And that isn't b/c MTV edited out; the girls say so themselves! When I was a new member, I hung out with the sisters quite a bit. I take Jordan and Mara's side, obviously. I won't say any more b/c then I will continue to rant.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaOnProzac
If Mara and Jordan go on this board I just want to say good luck with whatever you pursue. If you decide to go greek again I hope you two find the sorority that fits you and hold ideals that you agree with.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dsmmi12 Send a message via Yahoo to dsmmi12
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAMiami
I really hope that next seasons sorority has taken notes from this.

PLEASE say it aint so PLUCKY!!!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaOnProzac
When I first saw the show I thought it might give the general public too much fuel for the fire of the Greek stereotype. However after seeing all the shows I think it gave a good idea of what brotherhood/sisterhood is all about. Even in the President's sorrow of feeling like her sorority tears people apart you can see she cares for her sisters and would be sisters. I think every Greek took something away from this show and at times maybe identified with what went on. I kinda feel for what they went through.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with you dsmmi, how much azz kissin' did they need??? Mara is clearly a follower. Jordan is not right unless she's in the light, period. She could've NEVA, EVVVVA stepped into the Crimson walls of DST!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:34 AM

Talking Oh my!

I just totally got this image of drunk Jordan going SMACK into a big Crimson wall and falling flat on her a$$!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

final episode

i am glad that jordan didnt pledge... she would have torn that fragile sisterhood apart with her negative, destructive, forever victim attitude. playing mom and then not taking responsibility for anything you do is not mature, much less blaming your faults on everyone else, insisting to always be the victim.\

i was sad that mara didnt pledge... i think she could have made it a good thing for herself.. but thats a personal choice.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
It was nice to see some sincere sisterhood for once, but I thought it was really not cool for Jordan to get up and make that speech at the beginning of what was supposed to be a very special night. Thanks for the negativity, Jordan! I thought Mara's speech was much more appropriate...she changed her mind and kindly said that it just wasn't her time.

It was nice to see all the girls at the meeting at the end...wow! They were actually smiling and enjoying themselves! What a concept!