GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,133
2 members and 1,131 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Drexel University Sororities

I was recently accepted into Drexel University and plan on attending there this fall. I will be coming from North Carolina and think that joining a sorority would be the best way to give me a home away from home. I was wondering if anyone could tell how competitive their recruitment is and if you think it is necessary to obtain recomendations. Thanks in advance to all those who help
Old 11-29-2009, 08:33 AM

My son is a freshman at Drexel and has friends in sororities. I get the idea that it isn't necessarily competitive and recs aren't required. Having said that, I'm from the school of thought that it never can hurt to have strong, positive recs.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks AOIIalum! I'll start asking around for recs now, my guidance counselor is a Delta Zeta and I know she'll give me a good one. If you dont mind me asking how does your son like Drexel? I don't know anyone who goes there and would really like to know how students feel about the school. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

My brother goes to Drexel (he's in his last year of grad school) and he loves it. There's a chapter of his fraternity on campus and he helps them out from time to time. I know Drexel has a pretty large-ish greek life, but I can't really say if it's competitive or not. My guess is it's probably not that crazy given what I know of other schools in the area.

Good luck with your freshman year!

ΦAΔ
AΨΩ
Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I was looking at all of the chapters at Drexel and I can honestly say that each chapter looks very strong. All the girls are beautiful (in ALL of the chapters) and they all seem very involved on campus. I would have to say that Drexel Greek Life looks like a great thing to be a member of.

Drexel has the following sororities:
Alpha Sigma Alpha
Delta Phi Epsilon
Delta Zeta
Phi Mu
Phi Sigma Sigma

They all seem like they would be worth checking out. I would say that even if I didn't think they all looked like strong chapters. I'm excited for you to be considering the fine NPC sororities that Drexel has to offer. Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 AM

My son likes it for the most part, but thinks the dining hall is lousy so be warned!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
My son likes it for the most part, but thinks the dining hall is lousy so be warned!
That's because all the students try to eat at the lunch trucks instead! Those are YUM!

ΦAΔ
AΨΩ
Old 11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
That's because all the students try to eat at the lunch trucks instead! Those are YUM!
::Sigh:: I miss the lunch trucks!

(Didn't attend Drexel, but every good Philadelphian knows their way around the University City and Temple Campus lunch trucks )
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a friend who is an alum and was on the advisory board to our chapter there. This is what she said:

"Recruitment is fairly competitive, but not over the top. One false move can tank a whole recruitment period for sure though. Drexel isn't huge so news travels pretty fast. Recommendations - can't hurt, especially for those chapters who consistently meet quota and exceed total through the formal recruitment process."

I recommend reading through some of the basic recruitment threads to prepare yourself, but I wouldn't stress out too much. Just be yourself.