GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,282
3 members and 1,279 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 12-17-2009, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I was under the understanding that recruitment counselors could not participate in recruitment for her own chapter under any circumstances, including writing a rec. Wouldn't that jeopardize her impartiality?
This would probably be another good reason why we require all RIFS & LIFS to be turned in before the start of recruitment. Rho Chis may be able to participate as they may not be legally disaffiliated until check in, so they could write a form. However if she knows a woman the PNM is going to know what sorority she is in and that could get uncomfortable. I really do try and make myself available for women who are first in college or out of state but it usually is for a school not my own since I'm a bit out of the loop on things but will respond cheerfully if called upon (given enough notice ).

In my situation I am from another state and when it comes to rec writing my collegian sisters will likely know someone from back home or be able to procure information a hell of a lot easier than I can. For out of state women I've helped out as I am quite the networker but for women in state I'm somewhat at a disadvantage. I'm honestly a lot more comfortable with a member in good standing writing a LIF or RIF who really knows the woman than just information form me. Something that I find questionable collegians may be okay with and it really is their choice in the end.

Questionable for me is something I can easily find, like obvious alcohol use under 18 or something, which a lot of people due, but I'm kind of an old lady and believe we shouldn't advertise breaking the law.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )