GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,460
0 members and 2,460 guests
No Members online

Old 08-16-2009, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectinpurple View Post
Wow! Some of those are really pretty! I wish I'd known about that site for prom - they just seem more flattering altogether.

I think the "Allie" dress looks most pref-appropriate, but I don't know how danke schoen would feel about tea length.

(Incidentally, danke, you really are a model question-asker. It's lovely how you respond politely to everyone.)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2009, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I love this friendly thread. danke schoen, I'd love it if you'd come back and share your recruitment experience with us, if you're comfortable doing that- and I suspect many others who've posted on this thread share that sentiment.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

What a wonderful thread! Best to you in recruitment!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

danke: We don't know where you go to school, but my college has students from all over the world, some of whom would wear traditional dress to dressy events. I saw a lot of this at formals:

http://www.786shop.com/detail-d.asp?..._ID=D-Party023

This was considered very beautiful and appropriate for any kind of reception, cocktail hour, etc. at my school. If you're going to a school that has an international population and a cosmopolitan culture (mine was near a big coastal city), this might work well.
________
Web shows

Last edited by Low C Sharp; 09-20-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarGrad View Post
I love this friendly thread. danke schoen, I'd love it if you'd come back and share your recruitment experience with us, if you're comfortable doing that- and I suspect many others who've posted on this thread share that sentiment.
Yes, please! I'd love to hear this story, too!
Good luck
Old 08-17-2009, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

LyreLove2012:Hey, Thanks so much for the lovely links. The maxi dresses are so pretty and I am trying to find a dressier maxi if I can. I have found a couple that I really like and I have 2 on hold as well. I can hopefully finalize something by the end of the week. The skirt is nice as well but its a little plain and I hope that it doesn't look too bla. Maybe I can get a great top to go with the skirt or else I am going to go with a nice pair of dress pants and maybe some accesories. Again, thanks for the links. I am a visual person so seeing things helps me

perfectinpurple: OO I like these links. Thankyou!!The sites have some great stuff that I can use for stuff other than pref too and they are similar to the links that VandalSquirrel posted too. I wish I could buy more than one dress as looking at so many nice clothes is like fueling the habit. I actually have a wedding to go to in october so maybe I can get some ideas from here and maybe find something similar locally. I am a little paranoid about shopping online so I like to see what I am getting. Regardless, thanks, you have been such an awesome help

COBaby: I like the 'Allie' dress as well. It seems dressy, yet not too prom/wedding dressish. Some of the colors on the site(i.e. the lavender is gorgeous). Thankyou for your support and kind words. Hopefully, I can have success during recruitment and I will come back and share my experience.

CougarGrad: Thankyou so much for the encouragement!I would love to share my story(and my hopefully happy end to recruitment week hehe).

mommamagnolia: Thankyou so much

Low C Sharp: Thankyou for your suggestion. You are right that it definitely does depend on the school and the surrounding of it. I know that my school is very multicultural and Canada, as a country is pretty much open to anything. I am curious to know that Is the dress that you posted or other cultural wear, something that you have seen during pref?Again, thankyou for your help

Thanks again guys and take care!

- The Script.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope everything turned out well for danke shoen. She seems like she will make a great sorority member!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I think if the website wishes to advertise here they should pay John and do so.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this thread even requires an update but I think that I should just because all of the posters here have been so gracious and helpful. I fell very ill, with pneumonia, during the week that our school had FR. I was not able to leave the house, let alone go through recruitment. I missed my chance at FR but I did end up getting invited to participate in Informal Recruitment. It was pretty late in the term and with the wave of midterms and assignments, I was only able to make it to one of the two houses who had invited me to their houses to meet their members. The house that I visited was absolutely gorgeous and the members were so welcoming and friendly. I spent an hr and a half at the house and met the wonderful actives who were very approachable and knowledgable. I left the house feeling quite good and hoping that I would be invited to their next event. (You had to attend 3 before they decided to extend you a bid) I got home after the event and sent a thank you message to the COR chair. I, unfortunately, never heard back from the members so I guess I didn't make the cut. I missed the events at the second house because of work as well as class conflicts. The COR chair for the second house has been super friendly and told me that she would keep me updated about next semester's events because this semester's recruitment is closed.

All in all, I was super disappointed in myself for having missed FR and later, the events for house #2. I guess that my best bet is to study for the upcoming finals and see how next semester goes.

Thank You again for all of your advice and lovely messages. I really wish that I had good news to share

- The Script.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danke shoen View Post
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this thread even requires an update but I think that I should just because all of the posters here have been so gracious and helpful. I fell very ill, with pneumonia, during the week that our school had FR. I was not able to leave the house, let alone go through recruitment. I missed my chance at FR but I did end up getting invited to participate in Informal Recruitment. It was pretty late in the term and with the wave of midterms and assignments, I was only able to make it to one of the two houses who had invited me to their houses to meet their members. The house that I visited was absolutely gorgeous and the members were so welcoming and friendly. I spent an hr and a half at the house and met the wonderful actives who were very approachable and knowledgable. I left the house feeling quite good and hoping that I would be invited to their next event. (You had to attend 3 before they decided to extend you a bid) I got home after the event and sent a thank you message to the COR chair. I, unfortunately, never heard back from the members so I guess I didn't make the cut. I missed the events at the second house because of work as well as class conflicts. The COR chair for the second house has been super friendly and told me that she would keep me updated about next semester's events because this semester's recruitment is closed.

All in all, I was super disappointed in myself for having missed FR and later, the events for house #2. I guess that my best bet is to study for the upcoming finals and see how next semester goes.

Thank You again for all of your advice and lovely messages. I really wish that I had good news to share
Sorry things worked out the way they did Good luck next year!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

i am so sorry that you came down with pneumonia-that is serious stuff! best of luck with your finals and with any cob events that come your way next semester.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I was just thinking about you and wondering how your recruitment went! I am sorry, too, that you were sick. Best wishes for next semester!