GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,214
3 members and 1,211 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goldendelta
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEmi88 View Post
The president, Risk Management, Member Development and New Member Educators from every chapter were present at RLC this past February, and I met several presidents from single letter chapters. It seemed to me that the older the chapter, the older the president's badge, because the president of what I think was our Epsilon chapter had a badge that looked similar to the badge on the right.
This is true. I come from an older chapter (just turned 100 this past June!) and we have a beautiful older president's badge. It is larger than the member's badge, flat, has emeralds instead of pearls and 3 small pearls on each side of the moon tips. It also has a chapter guard with emeralds and the president's gavel dangle. On the reverse side it says PRESIDENT ALPHA ALPHA. I wish I had a picture of it. There was also a President's ring but it went missing when we moved offices.

Life Loyal
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM

WhiteDaisy posting this beauty in the "Badge Trends" thread made me wonder if there are other sororities out there with a special Badge for the National President (or equivalent) to wear?

I've heard that the DZ National President's Badge is a little bigger than the standard badge and the six wings on either side of the lamp have diamonds in them. I've never seen it, but would love to if any of my sisters have a picture or a link!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
WhiteDaisy posting this beauty in the "Badge Trends" thread made me wonder if there are other sororities out there with a special Badge for the National President (or equivalent) to wear?

I've heard that the DZ National President's Badge is a little bigger than the standard badge and the six wings on either side of the lamp have diamonds in them. I've never seen it, but would love to if any of my sisters have a picture or a link!
The Alpha Gamma Delta International President is given a 14 diamond badge [as opposed to a 14 pearl badge] upon installation. Only the International President can have an all diamond badge.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Our International President wears the above badge and the Council Members (VPs) wear this badge (sorry it's not a great photo):
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

^^I've seen that DG council member badge in person - it's stunning!

Sigma Nu posted this on facebook yesterday. I'm assuming it's their International President's badge because of the size and the gavel guard, but the post wasn't specific.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

In our chapter, the present and former commanders can wear this:

This is the ordinary, standard issue badge:

Here's what I wear:

You can't really tell from my pictures, but the Commander's badge is about 2x as large as the ordinary one. It is sometimes referred to as the frisbee.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
I don't believe there is an official president's badge at the Chapter or National level for Alpha Xi Delta.

Like other orgs. have mentioned here, a chapter can own a badge that is given to each president to wear during her term. My chapter had an antique one that was given to us during our installation.

The national president wears this:

It's hard to see but it's a gold medallion featuring our CoA with a president's gavel above it. Each link in the chain represents an established chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.

I saw it in person (at my Installation and DePaul's installation). It's pretty huge!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:34 PM

I heard or read somewhere that AOPi chapter presidents get a ring to signify their position. I really wish we had something like that; it's a wonderful idea.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I heard or read somewhere that AOPi chapter presidents get a ring to signify their position. I really wish we had something like that; it's a wonderful idea.
Here is our Collegiate Chapter President's ring https://hjgreek.com/assets/images/pr...arge/58346.jpg

We also have an Alumnae Chapter President's ring now, thanks to some very dedicated APs!
https://hjgreek.com/assets/images/pr...arge/58350.jpg
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
Here is our Collegiate Chapter President's ring https://hjgreek.com/assets/images/pr...arge/58346.jpg

We also have an Alumnae Chapter President's ring now, thanks to some very dedicated APs!
Makes me want to become an Alumnae Chapter President just so I can get that ring!

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Gamma Phi's International Council members all get special badges to wear. The President's badge has diamonds, all others have pearls. The badges have a white crescent and are larger than our regular badges. I don't have a pic of a Council badge next to a regular badge, but below is a pic of a Council badge next to her sweetheart Phi Delta Theta badge, if that helps. (And you can all be jealous that my alumnae chapter has former Council members, including a former President, so I get to see these badges with some regularity! ) Sorry the pics aren't better!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Our International President has a larger ADPi pin, with diamonds. TWO rows of diamonds. I'm convinced it's purpose is to mesmerize we lesser mortals into doing her will!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Standard issue:

Here's the available upgrade for the general member badge:

I wish it was just standard issue. :/

This is the Chapter President's badge:

The Grand President's badge is surrounded by diamonds. He's the only living member who is allowed to wear a heart surrounded by diamonds.

Also, each of these badges is gradually larger than the next.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post

Don't forget the International President also gets a ring with a red stone base.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 PM

Our Lamp Editor was kind enough to send me a JPEG of our National President's Badge...

for comparison, here is our standard badge:

so you can see that the National President's Badge has the diamonds in the wings and one whopper of a diamond in the flame.

Last edited by KillarneyRose; 03-06-2013 at 12:53 PM.