GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,758
2 members and 1,756 guests
Cookiez17, zjhnpetrovo7362

Old 09-26-2018, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

NPC -Alumnae Recognition

Alpha Gam has a very special honors program for alumnae volunteer service. Do other NPC groups recognize or honor their alumnae in some way for their service?

Question just asked out of curiosity...no intent or desire to get into a "my group is better than your group" discussion.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I can’t answer this for things on a big scale as I have never been to convention, but Theta sends volunteers beautiful little gifts each year. You also get special things for 5 year anniversaries. My daughter’s initiation is coming up and I was going through the drawer for some sentimental gifts. I saw this beautiful kite pendant with a ruby on it. I thought, “perfect” until I looked at it a little closer and saw “volunteer” going down the side of the kite. I turned it over and saw a personalized inscription. Whoops. I did decide to put a chain on it and actually wear it myself for initiation weekend. Over the years they sent sticky notes, cut out notepads, this way cute desk set, etc. Everything was super classy and appropriate for alumnae. This was such a great practice that I made sure I did similar things for my office staff. There is great power in appreciation.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta1234 View Post
I can’t answer this for things on a big scale as I have never been to convention, but Theta sends volunteers beautiful little gifts each year. You also get special things for 5 year anniversaries. My daughter’s initiation is coming up and I was going through the drawer for some sentimental gifts. I saw this beautiful kite pendant with a ruby on it. I thought, “perfect” until I looked at it a little closer and saw “volunteer” going down the side of the kite. I turned it over and saw a personalized inscription. Whoops. I did decide to put a chain on it and actually wear it myself for initiation weekend. Over the years they sent sticky notes, cut out notepads, this way cute desk set, etc. Everything was super classy and appropriate for alumnae. This was such a great practice that I made sure I did similar things for my office staff. There is great power in appreciation.
That's awesome! We have a special banquet at our convention just for our Honors and it's where the new recipients names are read out and then the ceremony - which is ritual - follows that dinner. If women who receive the honor are not in attendance, there is a ritual ceremony that the alumnae chapters/clubs can do to present her with her honor.

We also have smaller alumnae awards that are dangles that women who have gone out of their way to help or support an alumnae chapter/club can receive. Those awards are given by the individual alumnae chapters/clubs.

But, I love the volunteer pin!! That sounds beautiful!
Old 09-26-2018, 12:17 PM

Large Scale:

*Volunteer recognition luncheon at Convention. Dangle or jewelry item awarded to those meeting milestones in volunteer journey (dangle at 6 years, award plaques and recognition for 10, 15, 20. etc.)

*Festival of Lights Banquet. Final night of Convention. Major triennial awards handed out such as Outstanding Advisor of the Region, CAB of the Year, Steadfast Alumnae Award, etc.

Smaller Scale/Entire Sorority:

*Volunteer Appreciation Week (small gift and letter in the mail thanking you for your service.)
*Volunteer Spotlights Weekly on our FB page/IG. (a person is selected and there is a blurb about them and why they're awesome)
*Regular shout outs in departmental emails. (ex: Assistant Directors shout out Advisors doing awesome stuff in their region.)

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

DPhiE sends volunteers a small gift and note to recognize them during Volunteer Appreciation Month in the spring. We also have volunteer milestone jewelry pieces we can purchase through Herff Jones.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma has several awards that can be given to alumnae. Some are for alumnae work within the Fraternity and others for community, professional, etc work. The member's local alumnae group submits packets to the awards committee supporting the nomination of such women.The committee forwards the ones that meet the criteria to Council for a vote.