GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,663
2 members and 1,661 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-25-2018, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I just impulsively ordered a new Theta T-shirt for the first time since my college days!
Old 01-31-2018, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Since I went through AI, I chose to wear a lot of my stitched letters and event shirts handed down or purchased online for the first year or so. I still carry my Lilly tote, and recently wore my Lilly SK scarf. I will still wear letters, not as much, and wear my Alex and Ani.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I have my pin on my little lanyard that I use to keep up with my work badge- also goes with my work 5 year pin and my work 10 year pin and my honor society pin. I figure I gotta wear the work badge, might as well dress it up. And I wear my hubby’s LCA ring.

ADPi
The First and the Finest
Old 08-19-2018, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't wear letters as much as I used to. As I have gotten older when I do it is typically more subtle with jewelry, a tote or luggage tags etc. Instead of letters across my chest, I have anchors on just about everything I can find them on. And, when I see someone in anchor gear, I always inquire.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
I don't wear letters as much as I used to. As I have gotten older when I do it is typically more subtle with jewelry, a tote or luggage tags etc. Instead of letters across my chest, I have anchors on just about everything I can find them on. And, when I see someone in anchor gear, I always inquire.
Me too! Anchors and nautical things in general are very popular right now. I've got lots of anchor jewelry, and tees that feature an anchor as part of a print.
I don't wear letters, though.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I would wear letters if I had them!

Even as a collegiate, I wasn't exactly covered in sorority gear. I had one AOII sweatshirt and two tshirts, IIRC, which was pretty standard in my chapter at the time. I particularly loved my stitched US/Canada flag letter tshirt from the Emporium, with starry A, maple leaf O, and striped Pi (I SO WISH THEY WOULD BRING THIS STYLE BACK!). I wore everything so much I relegated it to workout wear until the tops were falling off my body. Sadly, I never really had an opportunity to replace them. Sometimes I check out what's available, but nothing ever really catches my fancy or is just too "juniors-y." Does anybody have any advice as far as good places to get high quality, stitched letter tees and sweatshirts?
Old 08-31-2018, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I still wear letters...but, I'm also President of my alumnae chapter, so I head to a lot of sorority events. We have special t-shirts we wear to community service events. And, a friend of mine had some alumnae chapter t-shirts made that we wear when we are out "representing". :-)
Old 09-02-2018, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekat View Post
I just impulsively ordered a new Theta T-shirt for the first time since my college days!
I’m sad to report that this shirt developed two holes along the seams after the first wash I’ve avoided wearing it for fear of making them worse. Has anyone else had this issue with Comfort Colors?
Old 09-02-2018, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I love some of the replies to be sure.

At 76 years young, I still wear my letters proudly! T-Shirts NO! Polo Shirts yes!! Sweat shirt for winter!!!

Wearing my letters let me meet to Brothers from different chapters, My Eye and Pee Pee Vets. Both take good care of me for that!!

One should never be old to be Proud of who you are!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekat View Post
I’m sad to report that this shirt developed two holes along the seams after the first wash I’ve avoided wearing it for fear of making them worse. Has anyone else had this issue with Comfort Colors?
A few months ago, I ordered a t-shirt with my sorority's name and founding date on it (kind of your basic "athletic" t-shirt that's great for when I workout or do yoga). Ordered it from my sorority's website. Wore it maybe three times, and then discovered that a big hole had opened up right along the seam in one armpit. Classy!

I'll check if it's a Comfort Colors. Regardless, I expected a bit better quality for what it cost.

I did purchase another t-shirt on Etsy, a nice heavy cotton with patterned, twill Greek letters. First twill letters I've purchased in 25 years! Gotta say that I love wearing it around the house and it's very good quality. I may even get a long-sleeved one for when the weather turns cooler.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

It may look as though I'm bumping this thread, but way earlier today (I saw it by 5am-ish Central Time) our latest GC troll bumped it first...I remember seeing it...so to answer FSUZeta "YES, 'his' posts are being self-deleted" and likely to eliminate his posting times for possible location.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 10-02-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:00 AM
GreekChat Member

*stares in NPHC*

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlum View Post
Me too! Anchors and nautical things in general are very popular right now. I've got lots of anchor jewelry, and tees that feature an anchor as part of a print.
I don't wear letters, though.

I don't wear my letters and have not worn them for decades, but I'll wear something with a small anchor now and then. My new pajamas from Nautica have tiny anchors on them.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

For a few years I have occasionally worn a specific university's 'Be Unique Go Greek' t-shirt that lists all their NPC/NIC/IFC groups. Bought it for a dollar at a garage sale, but it's still in nice condition. Figure it's similar to a parent wearing their 'Tri Delta Dad' or 'Sigma Pi Mom' shirt.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

My DD asked me if I wanted her to order me some "hype gear?" I was a bit confused until I realized she was asking if I wanted some lettered merch. that she orders through her chapter. I politely passed.

I'm at that weird stage in life--too old to wear letters, but not old enough to wear scarves with my "fancy" pearl and diamond badge used as a pin.

Wearing t-shirts out and about really isn't a thing, so I can't even wear my Theta mom shirts and I don't wear ball caps. Alas, I really only get to "rep" my group when I wear my badge at the Founders Day luncheon.

Is anyone one else brave enough to just flaunt their letters as a 40 something year old?