GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,522
1 members and 2,521 guests
No Members online

Old 07-15-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
We have letter day on Monday and Badge attire day on Thursday.

Here's a question, is badge attire day mandatory, and if you don't participate and it is mand. what happens? Also, do you have standards for what you have to look like when you wear letter? (hair, make up, coordinating pants?)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2002, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter always wears letters(every day and any day)

My chapter, Epsilon Theta sfsu, always wears letters. Nobody, on campus wears letters like my chapter. We sport letters in all ways, shirts, sweaters, jackets, hats, etc. Any time people from other schools visit, Greeks, they always know who we are, and it's great. It nice to have visiting alumni who are in the area, come to SFSU and know they can just step on campus and see a brother. We represent first thru last day of school, and all thru vacation time. So, I guesse you can say we represent, "every day and any day."
-Heath
[COLOR=red]FKT- Epsilon Theta chapter SFSU
Old 07-15-2002, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter does not require us to wear letters on certain days, but most of us wear them at least once a week. Personally I think its a great thing to wear letters on a certain day, especially when other GO's are involved on the same day. It shows great spirit and pride in your organization!

"It's a Phi Sig thing"

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints...the sinners have MUCH more fun"
Old 07-15-2002, 08:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
All the Greek Organizations at Cleveland State wear their letters nearly all the time. Especially during the first week of school. Windbreaker jackets with greek letters are very popular during that time.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

At my school Fridays is letter day. However, I like wearing my letters whenever I feel like it (or have a clean shirt). I mean if you join a GLO why not show it..
Old 07-16-2002, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

when we wear letters we are supposed to look respectable. FOr instance, do not wear letters with sweatpants and look like you just woke up or the opposite, don't wear letters with a miniskirt and slut it out...just look like a good rep.! Also, our pin attire is not mandatory...we don't get in trouble if we don't wear pin attire, but we do get busted if we wear our pin with jeans or some scrub outfit that looks like crap....
Old 07-16-2002, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Aquastar
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by OnePlus69Is70
Letters are not often seen at UMass- worn is another question entirely. You'll see a lot of letters around the School of Management, because most Greeks are students there, but on the rest of campus they're pretty rare- not really unexpected, though, since most people go to campus to go to class, and then immediately retreat to wherever they live. A lot of Greeks were them around the house and on the row. Never in the bars- wouldn't be proper attire.

Personally, I try not to wear them on campus. Greeks are a tiny minority here, and not well liked, and I'm in a college and a department where Greeks are rarer than most other places. I've had people refuse to talk to me because I had letters on- small-minded idiots, but small-minded idiots I need to co-exist with on a daily basis, so I do what's necessary.
I go to Umass and I dont see that at all ... at least with the sororities ... Up in OHill I know of at least 3 sororities that were represented last semester and the Asian sororities and the Band sorority (though not "greek" at Umass) wear letters all the time ...

Though we dont have a special day where peopel wear their letters we do see a lot during recruitment or when a pledge class gets initiated.
I LOVE my letters and I were them as often as I can and I get soooooo excited when I get new ones
UMass
Amherst

"Its tradition ... and you don't monkey with tradition!"
Old 07-16-2002, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDambular
Quote:
Originally posted by Pi Kapp 142
This is unfortunate, but at my school a lot of people do not like to wear their letters to the first few weeks of school each semester, because they are afraid of their instructors writing them off for being in a GLO.

This seems to happen a lot on my campus also. At least that is how I feel. Some instructors are so prejudice against Greek, it's like they think we're up to no good. but then there are a handful that praise us. It's really odd. I guess you just have to sport your letters with pride. I know I do. They're my most comfortable clothes!!! I absolutely hating being uncomfortable in class, I don't go to class in my pajamas but I do not by any means dress up! hehe
Old 07-17-2002, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

We wear our jersey's on Wednesdays, and our bag/badge day is usually Monday's (dress-up days, basically). Also, I carry my bag every day, and usually I can't get around wearing at least one shirt a week.
My other question, if your own letters weren't on another sororities philanthropy shirt, would you wear it? The reason I ask is that last year KD's Shamrock project shirt was really cute, and they sold them to everyone who participated, but I'd feel weird wearing it because the only letters on it are KD's, and everyone knows I'm not KD. Also, we sold our Anchorsplash shirts, without anyone else's letters on them. Would you be mad if you saw another sorority girl wearing your letters?
Finally, my last question for fraternities, particularly... I was dating a KA for a while, and I grabbed his KA hat one day (bad hair day or something, I forget) and he got really weird about it, and took it off my head... I understand that wearing letters like that is only for lavaliered girls sometimes, but I have a lot of other fraternities t-shirts (I swear I'm not a slut, I just have a lot of guy friends)... what letters are wrong or ok to wear when a girl isn't lavaliered?
Old 07-18-2002, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

People here wear their letters ALL the time (except to parties and other inappropriate places), but almost NOONE wears full frontals (aka-billboard letters, power letters, letters, etc); only event shirts really. Other schools find it very strange, but hey, it's just how we are I guess.