GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 613
0 members and 613 guests
No Members online

Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day Ideas

I'm part of a new chapter on campus, and am in charge of planning bid day. Never having done this before, I am not sure what exactly to do for the evening. Any cute ideas or suggestions???

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Try the search function in the menu options above the page. There are lots of old threads about this

One of my favorites was creating a Hollywood Walk of Fame outside the house and doing a glam old Hollywood style themed-Bid Day. We made signs for the new members in the shapes of pink stars, etc. When the new members came to the chapter on Bid Day, the actives stood in a group holding up the signs and served as their Bid Day Buddies.

As a standard, when the new members find their Buddies, they are given some goody bags, and then we had lots of food and music, congratulatory speeches from the chapter president and recruitment VP/chair, bounce house or something fun like that outside, professional photog, etc. Everyone at our school wears t-shirts on Bid Day.

The new members have a quick meeting where they get a semester event calendar, hand out on dues and deadline for the first dues payment and new member ceremony (which is held about 24-48 hours after Bid Day). We also congratulate the ladies again on their decision to join us, and we discuss a few expectations for all of our members before sending them on their way to get ready for Bid Day Part 2.

In the evening on Bid Day, the sororities dress up a little more-- cute sundressed-and each chapter goes out to a fun area restaurant or entertainment venue like Hard Rock Cafe, House of Blues, Planet Hollywood, DisneyQuest, Dinner Theatres, etc., to have dinner together.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Unregistered-

Use Google instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Try the search function in the menu options above the page. There are lots of old threads about this .
For some reason, the GC search function doesn't like words that are 3 letters or less.

I did a search on "bid day ideas" greekchat on Google and came up with 10 pages worth of info.