GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,474
1 members and 2,473 guests
No Members online

Old 12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been thinking about this thread a lot lately because I started participating in a large-scale facebook-based HP Roleplay as Bellatrix (if you want to check it out, PM me and I'll send you the link). It's been a lot of fun, but SigDelt has been one of the best decisions I've ever made!

From bid night on, I knew I was in for a good experience. On the first night of New Member Education, all the girls were sitting together and one of them (I'll call her Cho; I'd owl and ask who she wants, but my owl is out of commission ATM) looks at the rest of us and said, "I'm an only child, but I always wanted sisters. I know we barely know each other now, but I hope that someday, you'll all be bridesmaids at my wedding!" Aww. Cho and I were in the same group during formal sorting, and we clicked that week. A few days before initiation, we were someplace together and she came over to me and said, "I had a funny feeling you and I would wind up sisters." Cho and I are super-close, in case you couldn't tell.

Kaeb is also really awesome. She and I have a ton in common and I'm really glad we've been able to click as sisters and friends. She is every bit the sweetheart she appears, and everyone loves her because she is so in love with SDT!

I've already served in the house in a few capacities, and I plan on serving in a few more in the spring (and beyond!). I really like being involved in the house, and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to get involved so early in my sorority career.

I did do Bellatrix again for Halloween. What can I say? If you saw me, you'd get it.

Oh, and awesomeness of awesomeness: I was somehow able to work Mrs. Lovett in as my costume for invite! That was cool. And I also managed to work Harry Potter, The Corpse Bride, Beetlejuice and Pretty Little Liars into papers I wrote this semester. College rocks!

In updates on other fronts: Ginny is a very happy sister of Slytherin. I miss being really close with her-at one time, we had almost identical schedules for spring semester, but I had to adjust mine. Oh well. She and I still talk when we can, but it's not really the same as it was before sorting. Hopefully, next semester, we'll have the time to get closer. I think I mentioned pledge periods a few weeks back? Slytherin was the "holdout house" that didn't get to initiate until early December!

As for Parvati, I really haven't seen her at all lately. She and I were supposed to go out for her birthday a few months back, and I can't remember why those plans changed. Based on facebook, I don't think she and Ginny are that close anymore, either. Either way, it looks like everyone found friends. And, with regards to her spot, that house COBs anyway, so they did COB during the fall. Sorry if that completely gives it away.

Finally, ellebud is also an awesome friend of the Lestrange family. She and my mom and uncle went to the same high school (where Leslie Anne also went, and where ellebud's children and I also went years later). But get this: she and my mom dated the same family friend...at the same time! This is a very small community, I don't care what TV wants you to think.

Thank you all for welcoming me with open arms! I love GreekChat. It's one of my favorite boards to check out everyday (this and FSUniverse, which is where I go to snark about figure skating and what have you). I'm so glad I discovered this place, because it's taught me so much about the Greek Universe and given me goals I never would have expected (still trying to get my mom's account up and running, but we'll see!).

Have a wonderful holiday! And, of course, Crucio! [um, I mean, thanks again!]

MelindaWarren aka Bellatrix Lestrange
Wanna follow me on Pinterest? PM me!
"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."-Albus Dumbledore
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

love reading your update! sounds like you're managing your mischief well!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

And now I must say my two cents: MelindaWarren is, quite simply, awesome. She is a credit to her family, our community, the school(s), SDT and the Greek system in general.

During recruitment (or just prior) I realized that the Reluctant One and MelindaWarren knew each other...as acquaintances. From high school. I kept mum to both sides. After I told her who my daughter was: and they both had wonderful things to say about each other.

And yes, this is a small town...Mom and I did date the same man (one would break up with him, and then he would date the other). The guy? He attended both our weddings. And he is from our neighborhood too.

I wish the Reluctant One was here (she is a Harry Potter fanatic as well)...she would have a salutation for this situation, but in lieu of that: Fight On Melinda Warren! You are just fantastic.

.......see you soon!