GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 745
0 members and 745 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2002, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Kappa Kappa Gamma, Greek Chat, and rampant rumors

Dear members of the Greek Chat community:

When I logged on to Greek Chat today to review posts as moderator of the KKG forum, I was shocked and dismayed to see a flury of posts regarding an alleged "ban" on Greek Chat by KKG Executive Council.

I want to assure you all that what began as a "notice" of a "Kappa policy" in one poster's signature line has become nothing less than a rumor which has been blown entirely out of proportion.

It is easy to jump to conclusions and to believe the worst, but it is even easier to contact the appropriate parties to find out the facts from the appropriate parties.

I've spoken this morning with our Executive Director, and I want you all to know and understand that Kappa Kappa Gamma has in no way issued any sort of "ban" on posting on Greek Chat, nor do they intend to do so.

In fact, Executive Council recently learned about Greek Chat from a Traveling Consultant. As they are often busy with so many details of running the Fraternity day-to-day, Greek Chat simply hasn't been something that has blipped on their radar screen.

So, recently it blipped. And Council is simply taking steps to learn about what Greek Chat is, and what kind of community it provides. This in NO WAY means that Council necessarily finds (or will find) Greek Chat to be a threat, a liability, a risk, etc. etc. etc. It simply means that they are becoming acquainted with what Greek Chat does, what its moderation standards are, etc.

As moderator of the KKG forum, I will certainly be working with our Council members to assure that this learning process is fruitful and productive. I am excited to have the opportunity to show Fraternity Council what a positive place Greek Chat can be, and to learn from our collaboration better or more stable standards for me to look to as I moderate the forum.

I *do* appreciate the outpouring of support that members of this community have shown toward Kappa sisters and posters here. But please know this: we have your support, but we ALSO have Kappa's support. And that, to me, sounds like a win-win situation.

I will be happy to answer any posts or PMs regarding this topic.

Panhellenically and Interfraternally,

imsohappythatiama
Old 11-15-2002, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so happy to hear that it was rumor. Thank you for clearing up the situation.

Laura
Old 11-15-2002, 03:22 PM
Unregistered-

You know...all this time I was wondering where you were! Thanks for shedding light into the situation.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
yayyyyy!
Old 11-16-2002, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the clarification! I have to add that yesterday, when I was wondering what the "real deal" was, it occurred to me that in all actuality, it was NONE of my business! Whatever the outcome after review, if the decision is something the members can live with, then so be it. Of course, I really hope KKG will continue to allow "unfettered access" to GC because you all are great and we would miss you!
Old 11-17-2002, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks!

Yay! It's nice to hear a 'voice of reason' throughout all of the confusion that has ensued on GC in the past few days over this.

Thanks!