GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,437
0 members and 1,437 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2001, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Dating Sorority Women

What have been your experiences dating sorority woman? If you are in a fraternity, did you get jealous when her chapter had mixers with other houses, or when she went to fraternity parties with her friends?
Have any woman found that their boyfriends (Greek or GDI) had a problem with this aspect of sorority life?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-25-2001, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

My ex, Sigma Pi, never got jealous. I did occasionally. I sometimes wished he got jealous so I felt like he really wanted me. Have you gotten jealous?
Old 06-25-2001, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigLana:
My ex, Sigma Pi, never got jealous. I did occasionally. I sometimes wished he got jealous so I felt like he really wanted me. Have you gotten jealous?
You went out with a SP! Lucky you!
Old 06-26-2001, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Well my boyfriend is a Sigma Nu and I think that the only thing that interferes once in a while is that we both hold offices in our organizations. I'm New Member Educator and he is their Rush Chair. We are both very committed and that sometimes gets in the way. We have dealt with it so far in a good way - just making time for each other. But I do know that sometimes he doesn't want me to go to other fraternity houses, I do anyways, not because I don't respect him but bc I am not going to stop socializing because he doesn't like it but he trusts me and gives me my space. We are both pretty understanding with mixers, etc. If he has something to do, he does it and vice versa. I know sometimes my sisters bf's don't like them going to mixers, fraternity houses, etc. but they're pretty much like understand or ship out. I think the main factor here is TRUST.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:53 AM

Thumbs up

well said chiocutie!

i think this is a fun forum, kinda lets us get into the other side of things, coz we had that "dating greek men" forum, now let's just wait for the guys to talk about the girls...

my ex, a Sigma Alpha Mu,as well as i, got jealous at times whenever we informed each other of mixers n houses that we would visit (we went to diff campuses so that made it harder--a long distance one)but we trusted each other and didn't keep our thoughts to ourselves...letting one another know how we felt made it easier...and one other interesting thing he had to deal with was having my friends and sisters let him know about how many guys are hitting on me n stuff but of course, i turn them down

------------------
"To supress our feelings only makes them stronger"--from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Old 06-27-2001, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Well, I am a Delta Gamma and my fiance' is a Theta Chi. He's a senior and isn't that active when it comes to mixers and all that stuff and would only go to brotherhood functions so I didn't have to worry too much about him. For the longest time the Theta Chi's didn't have a house for parties and stuff (they were building a new house and the old house was in no shape to even walk in). It sucks for fraternity guys at Morehead because if you're in a fraternity that doesn't have a house you most often aren't invited to parties thrown by the fraternities that do have them. That made it kind of hard for us for a while, because I would want to go out to different fraternity houses but he wouldn't be able to get in. I think that made him a little jealous. But, things were okay when his fraternity house was finished, we would just go there together.
Something I think is really funny though is how us, as girls, always tell our boyfriends that they have nothing to worry about when we go out to other fraternity houses without them, and we expect them to accept it without a quarrel. I know though, if my fiance' was to tell me he was going to some sorority house without me I would be so jealous I don't think I would be able to control myself.
Old 06-27-2001, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
SH80 were you being sarcastic or serious? Sigma Pi guys at the university of Northern Co are hot hot hot!
Hey Lana,
You go to UNC? I went to CU-Boulder and my little brother is an SAE at UNC entering his junior year. That would be funny if you guys knew each other.

Old 06-27-2001, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know the SAE's on my campus except one of my sisters is dating an SAE named Paul. I had a miserable first year of college and didn't really go to SAE's and Sigma Chi parties. That is cool that you went to CU-Boulder- Veruca. I would like to transfer there, but they don't have an ASA chapter and I would feel left out everytime I saw all the Greeks getting together. I would miss the formals etc.
Old 06-28-2001, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

KDcutie, Is Towson University in Maryland? If so, do you know Maureen(she's a ZTA)? I met her at UIFI and she is a sweetheart. If I remember corectly, I think she's on Panhellenic.
Old 07-03-2001, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

I have dated a couple of sorority girls and found that the whole thing abot going to other mixers or socials isnt a problem if they trust you and you trust them....But in my dealings with the 2 Tri-sigmas on my campus, I have found that they are aweful to date, they are psycho, and after you stop dating they make it a point to destroy any chance you have with any girls. They went so far as to follow me from bar to bar, trying to intimidate any girls who showed the slightest interest in me, as well as trying to hook up with all my brothers and going so far as to try to petition to get on our sweethaert court.....Thank god intelligent minds prevalied and my brothers didnt elect her for our court, but the have been so childish and so spiteful that even there own sisters noted it and condemed it.....Needless to say I wont date anyother Sigmas, I will stick to the DZs and Phi Mus...Cause I do love sorority women, I just dont care for the psycho ones..........Blaise
Old 07-03-2001, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Quote:
SH80 were you being sarcastic or serious? Sigma Pi guys at the university of Northern Co are hot hot hot!
SIGMA PI!!! Ahhh... wonderful looking guys, Im guessing they are at other chapters too...

<3 Ali

------------------
Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma
Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron
Old 08-05-2001, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think that I could date someone that is non greek. It's one of those things that is such a HUGE part of my life I don't think I could be in a great relationship with someone who didn't see in it what I do. It does somewhat suck though because I dated the Tri Sigma VP for a year and now I am OFF LIMITS in the Sigma house. But both of us being greek was a big part of our relationship. I was very close with all of her sisters and she was close with all of my bros. We went to formals, greek functions, etc. together. And we both understood when someone had a ritual, rush party, road trip, etc. Non-Greeks don't understand when you cannot be around all of the time.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:28 PM

My husband (a GDI) was a little concerned about me going to mixers and fraternity parties - sort of "You have me, what do you want to go hang out at a frat [sic] for?" But I went and just had fun hanging out with my sisters and the fraternity's members. My husband knew I wasn't going to stray, and besides, it was him who I took to formals

Wooglin4Ever, I have to disagree with your statement that "non-Greeks don't understand". My husband was very understanding when I had to disappear for rush, initiation, meetings, etc - more so than the guy I dated before meeting him, who was a fraternity alum. In turn, I was understanding when we couldn't hang out because he had to go to meetings for organizations he was involved in, or when he had to study and I didn't, etc. Nobody's around their S.O. 24/7.
Old 08-05-2001, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

My long term boyfriend is a GDI (and very proud of this) and he was NOT HAPPY when I decided to pledge my sorority. He thought I was selling out and that I would never have time for him because I would be hanging out with "all the frat boys". Whatever. He eventually got over it when he saw that my sorority wasn't ruling my life. Not that he always understood everything that went on but he did become tolerant. We attended different universities and where he went to school and had Greek friends they were always busy with their GLO. At my school being Greek is not the end-all-be-all of campus. I would have regretted not joining just because my boyfriend didn't like it. In the end it matters who you are--not what letters you may or may not be wearing.
Old 08-05-2001, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never dated a greek girl but my preference would be to date a greek girl over a GDI. I suppose because we'd have that common ground. In college I mostly had party buddies and brothers girlfriends that were greek. I had some regrets with that but then I didnt have to deal with some of the baggage that a lot of my brothers did during school.