GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,266
4 members and 1,262 guests
John, PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 05-16-2002, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

transferring schools...

I was curious about transferring to a new school that has an Alpha Gam chapter... do you have to go through some sort of process to be allowed to affiliate with that chapter, or are you automatically allowed to join if you wish? I know that there's some sort of fee you have to pay in order to switch chapters, but I wasn't sure if there was some kind of "rush-like" thing you had to go through... someone please fill me in Also, I am specifically looking at transferring to WKU, so anyone from their chapter, let me know how I would go about doing all this.

Loyally,
Abby
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2002, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey ABby! I am from the WKU chapter! Email me and I will give you our president's email address. In order to affiliate according to our bylaws I believe it takes a 2/3 vote of the chapter. But i am not sure, Melanie could tell you. Here is a link to our webpage
http://www.geocities.com/squirrels_pearls

hopefully that helps and we would love to meet you (even though I am an alum now I am sure I will be around!)

Facebook
Old 05-16-2002, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi there! I can vouch that the WKU sisters are very sweet and the houses aren't so bad either!

Loyally,
Lynn
Gamma Tau Alumna
Old 05-17-2002, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi! Most chapter also have an affiliation fee that you'd need to pay...it's usually under $20 and it's noted in their Bylaws.

You need to have a Letter of Information sent from the Chapter Advisor and Chapter President of the chapter you're leaving stating that you're in Good Standing (up to date on all your financial obligations and you met the grade requirments). This letter goes to the new chapter CA plus a check from you for the affiliation fee. You need to meet the scholarship requirements of the new chapter. EC of the new chapter first must vote to approve your request to affiliate. The chapter then must approve your request by a 2/3 affirmative vote. Both votes are by secret ballot.

If the vote passes, then you get to go through an Affiliation Service to become a member of that chapter.

First thing you need to do is check out the chapter - stop by the house and let them know you're an Alpha Gam that's transferred to their campus. Ask to come to their events and chapter meetings. It's a chance for you to get to know them and likewise them to get to know you. Then you and they can make a good informed choice about how you fit into their chapter!

Good luck!