GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,747
0 members and 2,747 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2016, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks all, she is so excited and 2 new friends
she bonded with this week are pledge sisters!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-21-2016, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

UA KKG took 116 per their instagram.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't see that on KKG instagram. Maybe I missed something.

I see 129 for Chi O on their instagram.

Heard from other moms, but not confirmed: Zeta 154 with 2 no shows - literally did not show up for bid day, never even picked up their envelopes
Tri Delta, 139
Old 08-22-2016, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

No way! That Zeta chapter is outstanding! Who on earth wouldn't want a bid from them?
Old 08-22-2016, 07:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
No way! That Zeta chapter is outstanding! Who on earth wouldn't want a bid from them?
According to this mom (whose daughter is a Zeta), they would not have even known if they got bids from Zeta. They did not even come to the union to meet with their groups or come down to the theater. They were called, left messages and told they had bids but as of Saturday at 4:00 had not responded.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissyintexas View Post
According to this mom (whose daughter is a Zeta), they would not have even known if they got bids from Zeta. They did not even come to the union to meet with their groups or come down to the theater. They were called, left messages and told they had bids but as of Saturday at 4:00 had not responded.
Unless that was the only chapter where they preffed, and decided sometime after pref, and before bid day that it wasn’t for them.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=sissyintexas;2416753]I don't see that on KKG instagram. Maybe I missed something.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJV0uBJj...n-at=628986830

This is where I got 116 on Instagram.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Omicron PI got 152 new members!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=ARKTTKA;2416833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sissyintexas View Post
I don't see that on KKG instagram. Maybe I missed something.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJV0uBJj...n-at=628986830

This is where I got 116 on Instagram.
Don't know how I missed that!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota at Arkansas ranged from 116 - 166 this year. Each house received a different total. I can confirm that KKG got 116. Arkansas is looking forward to welcoming Delta Gamma to campus! Woo Pig Sooie!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
Quota at Arkansas ranged from 116 - 166 this year. Each house received a different total. I can confirm that KKG got 116. Arkansas is looking forward to welcoming Delta Gamma to campus! Woo Pig Sooie!
Can someone please explain the quota range? Why was there not just one quota number? How does this fit into the standard RFM?

I kind of understand that it helps balance out chapter totals, but I'm not experienced enough with RFM to understand how varying the quota might effect the carry figures.

I've never heard of this before. Does it work? Is it fair to all chapters?
Old 08-24-2016, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearttoheart View Post
Can someone please explain the quota range? Why was there not just one quota number? How does this fit into the standard RFM?

I kind of understand that it helps balance out chapter totals, but I'm not experienced enough with RFM to understand how varying the quota might effect the carry figures.

I've never heard of this before. Does it work? Is it fair to all chapters?
I can't answer all your questions, but I know Arkansas has been doing this for a few years and from what I've heard, it has greatly increased placement rates and lowered the number of PNM's who drop out (which was a BIG issue- not only dropping out of recruitment, but withdrawing from school completely).

The strong recruiting chapters have lower quotas and therefore release a ton of women early in the week, giving those PNM's more rounds to get to know the houses who are interested in them. The weak recruiting chapters have higher quotas which has helped grow their numbers.

I imagine RFM works the same (marrying return rates with expected quota range), except that houses are working towards different quotas.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

My understanding is Arkansas, for a variety of reasons has widely ranging chapter sizes. If they made quota/total to accommodate the high end of the spectrum the smaller chapters would continually be playing catch up when their chapters are already massive.

So they restrict the size of the largest chapters to allow the smaller chapters to balance out a bit. It seems to have worked for them, but it makes keeping track for the numbers geeks (like me) a little frustrating. The short answer is all the chapters at Arkansas are doing just fine and you just have to trust it. LOL.