GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,443
1 members and 1,442 guests
No Members online

Old 07-28-2011, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Thanks.

To be clear, I am truly not concerned with either you or RahAU5. Y’all have been quite respectful with your posts. So keep that up. But this is more to the general “you”.

I simply want to point out that until you (the general you) are a member, when you are discussing either your chapter or other chapters by name , keep in mind that negative things either directly or indirectly said may come back to bite you (again the general you).

There are quite a few Auburn folk on these forums and they may be associated in some way – again directly or indirectly - with say XYZ chapter or know a member in your (ABC) chapter. Hearing someone poor mouth XYZ may not sit well with some of them.

Since many fraternities require two or more votes to initiate, (the general) you do not want to give any reason for someone in your chapter to vote against your membership. For some fraternities, it may only take one no vote to deny membership.

So for example, it is ok to say something like “XYZ wasn’t for me”. Or better yet, “ABC was the best fit”. But saying something like “XYZ is a bunch of tools” - while perhaps true and well known - is not.

Bottom line is that until (the general) you initiate, be respectful. One never knows who may be reading these forms and know who you are!
Those are some great points! Out of the 5 I visited, I liked all of them, and really had great conversations with all of the actives and members who had the say on who received bids. Even the one I didn't receive a bid from, there were no hard feelings. Great guys all around.

I really don't think there are any bad fraternities at Auburn, there are great people all around and the campus has such a friendly atmosphere-which is truly a reflection from everyone in the Admissions Office, to the president all the way to those involved in the Greek System.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

TSteven,

I know your post was referring to the "general" you, but once class is well underway I'd be more than happy to tell those who are interested what my summer rush experience was like.

RahAU5,

If you are able to do so, I, and I'm sure many others, would love to get updates on your son between now and the end of formal rush. Oh, and best of luck to your son!