GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,356
0 members and 1,356 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

The Best Colleges/Universities that You May Not Know About

A few weeks ago at a family gathering, my brother began asking my oldest nephew about his college plans. He's going into his senior year and is exactly the kind of student that colleges look for, as evidenced by the piles of college information that has already been sent to him. My brother stated sorting it all into 3 piles: 1) Definitely consider 2) Maybe and 3) Definitely not/throw out. My nephew was grilled by 6 eager adults including his parents all with their own ideas of where he should go. It turned into mayhem.

Talking to my nephew one-on-one, I found that he knew exactly what he wanted in a college/university. He found this discussion as amusing as I did, because the final decision is his to make. Since this idea of choosing a college/university is one of my favorite topics on GC, I thought that we could have a thread to discuss the good and bad (hopefully not too bad) aspects of schools.

I'd like the emphasis to be on the more unusual, obscure schools, the ones that are not that well-known yet. For example, I'd like to know about Mississippi Women's College (Mississippi University for Women and Men, Columbus, MS). I'd love to hear from somebody in Minnesota who knows about Winona State University, which is one of my favorite little campuses. There are loads of little colleges to be considered --- if one knows about them. I'll start with my next post.