GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,559
2 members and 2,557 guests
AOIIalum, LaneSig

Old 07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, does anybody know if purses are watched or do we take them into the houses with us?
Are there breaks in between each house so I could wear flip flops but then change into heels before we go in?
Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2006, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

lovebug32- these are all questions to your particular school and will be best answered by your Recruitment Counselor during the orientation meeting.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Lovebug,

If you plan to post your story, start thinking about names for the groups i.e. makeup companies, ice cream flavors, names of schools etc.

I get the sense you are very revealing and you don't want to make the mistake to let anyone know which houses you are talking about or too much info about yourself so sisters scanning GC (if they had time between seeing 1,000 PNMs) might say, oh, that lovebug on GC is the girl with the XYZ brand dress who was from ABC town who asked about boyfriends and study hours.

As a matter of fact, you might want to start another greekchat name and distance yourself from this name. We all already have a sense about you and you don't want that to hurt you at your school during your recruitment.

Best of luck in finding your perfect home.

Denise
Old 07-19-2006, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

clothing wise i would say take it up like one notch from what it says on the website, and keep in mind that shorts are usually not flattering on ANYONE! if you have amazing legs show them off though! but a sundress is fine for set 2, dont worry to much though, clothes are not what really matters!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

u of a rush

chelly, i just read your answer to lovebug re: u of a recruitment. you were so kind and patient, answering her ??. thank you for remembering how you felt as a pnm(nervous and lots of ??)-it seems that some of the women on gc totally forget how they felt back in the day. good luck to your chapter during recruitment-if your whole chapter is anything like you, then you should do very well!!

lisa
Old 07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chelly
I do remember how I felt, and I wanted as much help as I could get! But OOPS- i didn't want herto know my chapter and I forgot about my signature on the bottom!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly
I do remember how I felt, and I wanted as much help as I could get! But OOPS- i didn't want herto know my chapter and I forgot about my signature on the bottom!
Very panhellenic!
I _think_ you can edit it. She may have already seen it, but for any future PNMs at the University of Arizona, that would be a good idea.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chelly
Wink U of A recruitment advice!

I am currently in a sorority at U of A and I absolutely love it! Here is some advice in response to everything you have asked about!

1) As someone mentioned before, it is best not to talk to anyone about the reputations of the chapters prior to seeing them all yourself! If will not be beneficial! (I promise)

2) None of the sororities at U of A reject PNMs on the basis of religion

3) All sororities at U of A have at least some study hour requirements, we want to keep our academic standards high!

4) For check-in and the informational meeting it doesn't matter what you wear. When you check in, they give you a recruitment t- shirt and a lot of girls wear that to the meeting, but you there is no particular place you are supposed to wear it, it's just for fun.

5) Sets I and II are pretty casual, but it wouldn't be looked down upon if you were to wear a sundress, as long as you don't wear heels with it! Preference night is when you should wear a cocktail dress and definately heels!

6) As far as recommendations go, I would get as many as possible for all the houses, it definately will give you a leg up because a lot of girls won't think to get any.

7) VERY inappropriate to ask the women in the chapter anything about fraternities or boyfriends. Unless, of course, the fraternity questions have to do with philanthropy or something like that. As an answer to your question, the best I can give you is to say that many sorority women at U of A have boyfriends, but many do not. And yes, a lot of the boyfriends are in fraternities.

8) Big/ little sis: Some chapters call them big sis/ little sis, some call them mom and dot, etc. All of the sororities have them. They are not chosen randomly, but it varies between bigs picking littles and littles picking bigs. Some sororities do both! In fact, that is my position in my chapter, yay!!!

9) On bid day, it doesnt matter what you wear, but for SURE wear a pretty standard pair of shorts/ jeans/ skirt on the bottom because you will be given your bid day shirt after you run to the chapter house! That said, don't wear a dress or something that won't look good with a t-shirt/ tank top!

10) Don't worry about your purse at all, because you WILL NOT take one into the houses at all. You will get a ziploc bag in which to put a pencil, a little notebook (to take notes on each chapter), and like a lipgloss or compact if you want one. Your purse will stay in your meeting room.

11) You can bring flip flops on preference night to walk between houses in, if you feel like carrying them.

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE! I know you are nervous, and I know for a fact you won't believe me (because i didn't believe this either), but the women in each chapter talking to you are SO nervous as well. In fact, I have been through both sides and I was MUCH more nervous talking to PNMs than when I WAS one. Just enjoy the experience, have fun, and you should be able to find your home! PM me if you want!

Much love, Chelly
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I was wondering if U of A sororities are live in or not.
Thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgirl View Post
Hey! I was wondering if U of A sororities are live in or not.
Thanks!
yes, all the NPC sororities have houses at Arizona. My understanding is that usually sophomores and some juniors live in.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

living in

but freshman don't?
thank you!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckgirl View Post
but freshman don't?
thank you!
no .. most (all?) of the houses are full at the start of the fall semester and there's no room for the freshmen to move in after recruitment.