GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,641
0 members and 1,641 guests
No Members online

Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledging Omega Psi Phi at Howard University

Alright, so I go to Howard University. Now, what I'm wondering is if it is a tradition for pledges to shave their heads. If I were chosen to be on-line and then refused to cut my hair, would I be dropped?

Last edited by B4Blood&Thunder; 07-22-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

You don't know ANY Ques out there in the world who will answer this question for you?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
You don't know ANY Ques out there in the world who will answer this question for you?
I unfortunately do not. Are you offering an answer? If so, it would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Blood&Thunder View Post
I unfortunately do not.
If you don't know any Ques, then you need to worry a lot more about how you might actually make line and a lot less about your hair style ...
Old 07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

By the way, wasn't there a similar post like this not naming the school nor the fraternity?

Any ideas?

QFP after this just in case.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Alright, so I have decided to transfer to Howard University. Now, what I'm wondering is if it is a tradition for pledges to shave their heads. If I were chosen to be on-line and then refused to cut my hair, would I be dropped?
QFP
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Alright, so I have decided to transfer to Howard University. Now, what I'm wondering is if it is a tradition for pledges to shave their heads. If I were chosen to be on-line and then refused to cut my hair, would I be dropped?
We can't answer that for you. Only a Howard University Que would be able to answer that question. They are the ones responsible for that chapter and they alone know the rules and regulations for pledges in their chapter.

Last edited by BluPhire; 07-20-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

While a) it seems like a question only a fraternity member can answer and b) I doubt a member would answer it on this forum, I do understand the thought process of asking questions to anonymous chat room members to gauge their reaction before asking real life fraternity members. However, that theory only works when no one knows who you are. So, watch how much info you give... Howard transfer who wants to pledge Omega Psi Phi.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Old 07-20-2010, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are transferring to Howard and can't get this question answered in any other place than a public forum, then you don't need to transfer to my Alma Mater.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, are you offering to give me insight on that or just going to give me flack for asking a question?

If your response involves negativity or does not answer my question, why even give it? Food for thought, I'm just saying...
Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, are you offering to give me insight on that or just going to give me flack for asking a question?

If your response involves negativity or does not answer my question, why even give it? Food for thought, I'm just saying...

In defense of the responses, I do wonder what made you think a message board would answer that question?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

I recommend trying this type of response with members on the yard. You will be a successful eternal aspirant. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the name though, speaks volumes on whats up......

Booker T. Washington
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Have u had any luck so far?