GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,407
2 members and 1,405 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Double post! Can anyone tell me how we can find out who the manufacturers are of the dresses that WhiteDaisy128 has posted?
If you open a new window/tab and go to Google, then image search, you should be able to drag a photo over the search box and it will find similar images of the dresses. I tried with 3 of the dresses and Google found websites currently selling the dresses. I'm not sure if that answered your question, but I hope that helps!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Quote:
Double post! Can anyone tell me how we can find out who the manufacturers are of the dresses that WhiteDaisy128 has posted?
Which dress is it? I can look it up on polyvore for you.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Has anyone seen shoes like this recently? I know the style is still popular!
Aldo had something similar that I saw yesterday in blue and coral. Is green a required feature?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my goodness! WhiteDaisy128, I need you to come dress me in real life. Seriously, I feel like I've become totally fashion-inept since becoming a mom. These dresses and shoes are adorable!

Be a Volunteer!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaMay View Post
Oh my goodness! WhiteDaisy128, I need you to come dress me in real life.
Ditto. Mind coming over here this weekend?

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiegphi View Post
If you open a new window/tab and go to Google, then image search, you should be able to drag a photo over the search box and it will find similar images of the dresses. I tried with 3 of the dresses and Google found websites currently selling the dresses. I'm not sure if that answered your question, but I hope that helps!
I'm going to try this! How cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
Which dress is it? I can look it up on polyvore for you.
I know y'all are thinking I'm going to say "the orange and blue dresses" for Auburn football games! Not this time!

Round 1:second and third dresses on the first row, hearts on the second row, third one on the third row

Round 2: last one on the first row

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Aldo had something similar that I saw yesterday in blue and coral. Is green a required feature?
agzg, the dress that was posted on here (I think I posted it on the page before this) is white with green edges so I guess we need the green!

Thank you all very, very much!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1:second (http://www.polyvore.com/juicy_coutur...ng?id=41487809) and third dresses (http://www.polyvore.com/cobalt_blue_...ng?id=51150423) on the first row, hearts on the second row (http://www.polyvore.com/blue_heart_s...ng?id=35746307), third one on the third row (http://www.polyvore.com/rose_print_t...ng?id=50474381)

Round 2: last one on the first row (http://www.polyvore.com/orange_in_ru...ng?id=50236678)

There you go!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you! A zillion times!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

A few new ones from me.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

If I could do it again...well, as someone who "rushed" in the late 1970's, I can tell you what I would NOT wear again. The rust colored JUMP suit...dear Lord, someone should have TOLD me how awful it was, and whoever thought mechanics-wear was a good idea for women should be taken out back and shot. Amazingly, I still got a bid. Love the options of today, though!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Bumping this up for our new PNMs.

And greekdee, I'm with you, I would never wear "hot pants" again; those of us who did often questioned why anyone bid us too!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdee View Post
If I could do it again...well, as someone who "rushed" in the late 1970's, I can tell you what I would NOT wear again. The rust colored JUMP suit...dear Lord, someone should have TOLD me how awful it was, and whoever thought mechanics-wear was a good idea for women should be taken out back and shot. Amazingly, I still got a bid. Love the options of today, though!
Rachel Zoe LOVES jumpsuits. I went to her fashion show for her first line and they were featured as a must have.

I am aware that the woman doesn't eat. Ergp, (or no go) she must never go to the bathroom. Envision a jumpsuit and a public restroom.....not a pretty picture.

My youngest does wear short shorts, (daisy dukes or in my day hot pants) as a casual look. She wears a 0. For my money if you wear over a 4.....please don't.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
My youngest does wear short shorts, (daisy dukes or in my day hot pants) as a casual look. She wears a 0. For my money if you wear over a 4.....please don't.
That seems a little intense. Some people can pull it off in bigger sizes. Not like plus sizes. But bigger than a 4.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

And the only thing that has ever looked cute in a romper is a two year old!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAOnlytheBest View Post
That seems a little intense. Some people can pull it off in bigger sizes. Not like plus sizes. But bigger than a 4.
Perhaps it is intense. (Please note: I do not wear shorts...ever. I stopped at 24ish.) I have seen far too many women with varicose veins. muffin tops, rolls etc. Perhaps I should have said: Use a mirror...three way. Bubbles, lumps etc. don't.

But also note: I live in an area where an 8 is fat for a young woman. It isn't good and not healthy. It is what it is.....So, I apologize if I offended anyone.