GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,125
2 members and 1,123 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 12-22-2009, 06:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Didn't get a bid, should I rerush?

frankielove<3

Last edited by frankielove; 12-24-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

If you read any of the threads on this site about this subject, you'll see a million people telling others that the first mistake was only going for one house. You could re-rush, but only if you give every house the same consideration. You're a freshman- you probably only have the stereotypical knowledge of the sorority you wanted to get into. That is extremely short-sided and you now see where that's gotten you.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

on your campus do pnms choose which sororities to visit or are you required to attend parties at all houses in the beginning?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by frankielove; 12-24-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Do you just want to be a part of any sorority? Will you still be a little bitter when you're at greek events and you see members of the other house? And, there's only 2 houses at your school, am I inferring correctly?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by frankielove; 12-24-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I would say to rerush, I mean there is a possibility that u would not get a bid but then there is also a chance u will get a bid. So r u wlling to possibly face rejection again? I say this just to let u know that it is a possibility and u must be prepared for the worse, even though u are hoping for the best. I hope all works out though and good luck.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Sure, I would give it a shot. Just realize that you might get rejected again.

It sounds like the sorority in question is COB'ing. It should be a more relaxed atmosphere for both you and the sisters to get to know one another. Act friendly and interested. Good luck to you!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, I say go for it, only because it's in a more laidback atmosphere. Acting as if you're rushing them hardcore after this past semester (in which you rushed the other house hardcore and didn't give them as much attention) may make them feel as if you only want to get in a sorority, whichever one it may be. That doesn't really seem to be the case. But, the sorority world is quite small (especially on each campus) and they all talk. Maybe a few sisters will have that view of you, but I would just go out there to do one thing- get to know the sisters and put yourself out there. Not to get a bid or die. It'll be much more relaxing for you and I honestly think it'll give you a better shot.

Good luck.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherKD View Post
Honestly, I say go for it, only because it's in a more laidback atmosphere. Acting as if you're rushing them hardcore after this past semester (in which you rushed the other house hardcore and didn't give them as much attention) may make them feel as if you only want to get in a sorority, whichever one it may be. That doesn't really seem to be the case. But, the sorority world is quite small (especially on each campus) and they all talk. Maybe a few sisters will have that view of you, but I would just go out there to do one thing- get to know the sisters and put yourself out there. Not to get a bid or die. It'll be much more relaxing for you and I honestly think it'll give you a better shot.

Good luck.
I think this is great advice.

If it was me going through this, and the topic of your previous rush comes up, or you are asked why you are rushing them now, I would tell them that I didn't get a chance to know them well enough and that I welcome this new opportunity to do so. It's not a lie, and for those who might recognize that you didn't put in much effort last time, it might show them that you realized your mistake in not keeping an open mind. For those who may not have an inclination of your previous experience, you'll just be showing them that you want to learn more about the sorority.

I would also suggest to be sincere. Be yourself, and don't blow smoke. Some actives might be thinking that you are desperate to get a bid because you didn't get one last semester. Wear something that you feel good in, try to find natural connections when talking to the sisters, and strike a balance between asking questions and sharing stuff about yourself.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post

If it was me going through this, and the topic of your previous rush comes up, or you are asked why you are rushing them now, I would tell them that I didn't get a chance to know them well enough and that I welcome this new opportunity to do so. It's not a lie, and for those who might recognize that you didn't put in much effort last time, it might show them that you realized your mistake in not keeping an open mind. For those who may not have an inclination of your previous experience, you'll just be showing them that you want to learn more about the sorority.

I would also suggest to be sincere. Be yourself, and don't blow smoke. Some actives might be thinking that you are desperate to get a bid because you didn't get one last semester. Wear something that you feel good in, try to find natural connections when talking to the sisters, and strike a balance between asking questions and sharing stuff about yourself.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
^^^ This.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much for the advice, I will defiantly take it into consideration. If you guys think of any other tips let me know