GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,194
0 members and 1,194 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
A pretty accurate formula:

The size of the bitch that an alumna pitches if her legacy is cut is often inversely proportionate to the amount of time/involvement she has put into her chapter/national org since leaving college.

In other words, if she's stayed involved and realizes that just because the chapter/org was a fit for her, doesn't mean it and her daughter are a match, she's more likely to understand. Women who have not had any part in rush or membership selection for 20 years have a very rose-colored view of what it used to be like.
Pretty much, although I've heard a few awful stories of classless things said to relatives by representatives of chapters. Long story short, keep your mouth shut. Trying to explain only makes things worse.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the call and just said "Thank you for calling". Of course it helped that my daughter had already told me they were not on the top of her list. And it was not my chapter. I think that would have been hard to hear from my daughter or the chapter, if it had been my chapter. While I feel my daughter would have fit in my chapter as it was when I was an undergrad, there is no telling if she would today. (My chapter is across the US from my current location.)

(It also would have been harder if she had loved the chapter and they dropped her.)

Last edited by DoubleRose; 08-04-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
A pretty accurate formula:

The size of the bitch that an alumna pitches if her legacy is cut is often inversely proportionate to the amount of time/involvement she has put into her chapter/national org since leaving college.

In other words, if she's stayed involved and realizes that just because the chapter/org was a fit for her, doesn't mean it and her daughter are a match, she's more likely to understand. Women who have not had any part in rush or membership selection for 20 years have a very rose-colored view of what it used to be like.
Ding ding!

This needs to be added to this thread:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ight=Daughters

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

ADPI legacies

Does anyone know how ADPi's treat their legacies? I am rushing at a non SEC school if that makes any difference so it's not like their is a ton of legacies going through. I'm attending the same college my mom went to so I will be rushing the same chapter she was a part of. I know that being a legacy does not guarantee a bid, but I just wanted to know from an ADPi member who has been on the other side of the recruitment process and how you would treat legacies such as me.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
From the open part of Alpha Delta Pi's website:

"A legacy is a sister, daughter, or granddaughter of an initiated member of Alpha Delta Pi. We believe the initiation of these women strengthens family ties, giving the chapter increased support. ADPi members are welcome to introduce a potential member or legacy to a collegiate chapter using our Potential Member and Legacy Forms."
My little sister didn't fill these forms out for her daughters, but I have it on very good authority that several alumnae made sure that their status was known!

While great-granddaughters aren't mentioned, a tie to any Adelphean, Alpha Delta Phi, or Alpha Delta Pi prior to say, 1950, is going to be considered a legacy - especially an Adelphean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreek26 View Post
Does anyone know how ADPi's treat their legacies? I am rushing at a non SEC school if that makes any difference so it's not like their is a ton of legacies going through. I'm attending the same college my mom went to so I will be rushing the same chapter she was a part of. I know that being a legacy does not guarantee a bid, but I just wanted to know from an ADPi member who has been on the other side of the recruitment process and how you would treat legacies such as me.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I was aware of that but I was just wondering if they had a policy on how long they keep them or whether they have to call the alumni or any other rules that i've read the other sororities have
Old 09-14-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreek26 View Post
I was aware of that but I was just wondering if they had a policy on how long they keep them or whether they have to call the alumna or any other rules that i've read the other sororities have
As an alumna, your mom should contact her national headquarters if she has any questions about specific policies.