GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,341
1 members and 1,340 guests
aidanshulzeo560

Old 03-12-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BSUPhiSig'92
Did anyone in this chapter have an I.Q. bigger than their shoe size and think this might be a bad idea?
Is that a rhetorical question?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-12-2003, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BSUPhiSig'92
Here's a good line up question...

"When did Sigma Chi Omega lose their recognition from the University for hazing on national television?"

Did anyone in this chapter have an I.Q. bigger than their shoe size and think this might be a bad idea?

I sat in front of my television saying the same thing

Old 03-13-2003, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
Ok, Earl is a crazy mo' fo'. I'm scuuuuuured of him! Um, they need to kick Steve's ass out
Yeah, Earl is insane in the membrane! LOL Steve does need to be kicked to the curb. How are you going to let the girls in two minutes after being told not to? Any idiot could tell you Big Ron was coming back around the corner. And then he says "I'm not much of a follower, I'm more of a leader". Well Steve, you're going to be LEADING yourself out of the pledge process if you continue. Plus, he lies too much for me. He should hook up with Karissa from SL2.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 03-13-2003, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
Yeah, lol.

I hope you DIE!
I started busting up when I heard that. How immature is that!?!
I think I was laughing the whole show, it is so dumb its entertaining!I love it.

How cute was it that Tim's mom and g-ma made their lil pledge shirts!! I was like ahhhhhh...then he blamed the hole in shirt on grandma! Timmy don't blame Grandma!!

Last week I thought Alum Ron was scary, but now I hella like him! Man, steve set himself up for that one. (I was cheering when they were all, lets drive around the corner and come back.)

Can't wait to see what comes next..
Old 03-13-2003, 07:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up duh....

lots of stupidity and immaturity at work here...
steven, oh steven, did you not have a notion that big ron would be back?
and let's talk about the ladies...sheesh
Old 03-13-2003, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: what the hey???

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas-Gal
Awww, thanks Excelsior301!

Yeah - I wondered about that. You'd think that with the cameras at least they'd tried to be a little more couth, and not destroy the little diversity they have by singling out their black pledge as "Token".
Knowing these guys, they probably didn't do it to be mean... they named him after the character from South Park, which is common around Buffalo, across the fraternities, there are a lot of guys who are named after characters from the Simpsons, King of the Hill, and South Park. They probably didn't get the subtle satire Parker & Stone were going for when they named the character
Old 03-13-2003, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Recap for PM Mama:

The pledges already have a strike against them because they are late getting to wherever they need to be. They have to go to the study hours and "sets" together. Steve is always late and causing them all to be late.

Steve has a serious attitude problem. He says he wants to pledge and complete the process but he continues to do his own thing. Ron (Alum) pulls up and sees a group of girls getting ready to go in the house. He tells Steve, NO GIRLS. Steve is like, "ok cool" Ron drives around the block and guess what....Steve has let the girls in. Steve is also supposed to be at these little gatherings in which the pledges and brothers can get to know each other and talk about stuff. Steve barely comes and used lame excuses. When he was explaining why to a brother, his voice began to rise and he let a curse word fly. The brother was pissed and said, "don't ever talk to me like that again." The other pledges are trying to work with Steve to get him on track.

Earl is an only child...he's spoiled...and has a MAJOR temper problem. The other pledges hate it when he drives because he has road rage. They were on their way somewhere when Earl was talking to his Mom on the phone. Earl told everyone to be quiet and not curse. Earl cut some women off and Tim yelled out the window, "moooove bitch, get out the way!" Then some guys in the back thought it would be funny to say the F word. Earl got pissed and when he hung up from his Mom, he slammed on the breaks and crushed a soda can. He went off! Tim and Earl got into it and Earl wished death upon Tim. Nice.

In the nightly "sets" George asked the pledges to dress alike with shirts that were half yellow, half dark blue/black. Tim's grandma and Mom made them. In the basement, the brothers quiz the pledges on information they should know.

Hmm, that's all I can remember right now. I'm sure a funny recap will be up on Double Sweetie.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
I was LOL at the entire episode...what kind of pledges are these?? Why are they bothering with this if they are not taking it seriously?

I was screaming at Steve, "Would you do better!!" I do not care for Steve right now. Get it together Steve!!! Earl was also a HOT mess...road rage is not necessary, bruh. I believe it's time for you to have your nap and juice...you are acting like a little kid!

As for filming what's going on during "set"...not necessary. You have just signed your death certificate at UB. Straight hazing there...

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 03-13-2003, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't even know where to begin. My feelings range all the way from being supremely entertained to ! I'm sure we'll be hearing ANY DAY NOW about their recognition being yanked.

Wow. Just wow.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: what the hey???

Quote:
Originally posted by camelsrule510
Knowing these guys, they probably didn't do it to be mean... they named him after the character from South Park, which is common around Buffalo, across the fraternities, there are a lot of guys who are named after characters from the Simpsons, King of the Hill, and South Park. They probably didn't get the subtle satire Parker & Stone were going for when they named the character
No doubt, but like I said, you'd think that with the cameras there they would have been more savvy about that. I never accused them of being anything but stupid - using a pledge name like that is dumb anyway, but on camera is nothing short of stupendously stupid.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I am sitting here watching the reruns of FL. I am thinking how can Alex pretend that he is this all knowing person about pledging and giving his opnion about Earl and how he should "embrace" the pleding process. As I recall, Alex was the one that depladged or did not accept his bid once before because his girlfriend did not want him to. Now it seems, from previews, that she is going to either ruin the pledge process for Alex. Hopefully he will take his own advice and drop her.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

so how many episodes do you think we will see before they lose recognition?

i think that article from sigma chi is great!!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Are we starting to take bets yet of how many pledges are going to be left standing at the end of the semester?
Old 03-14-2003, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
Are we starting to take bets yet of how many pledges are going to be left standing at the end of the semester?
Can I join the pool if we do start to take bets?
Old 03-15-2003, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Quote:
Originally posted by madaboutap
Hopefully he will take his own advice and drop her.

Yes, so I can have him! I think he's hot!