GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,417
0 members and 1,417 guests
No Members online

Old 05-19-2003, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
stolen from the kappa forum--favorite things about AXO?

hi ladies

i just saw this thread in the kappa forum, and thought itd be a great thread to do here!! what is YOUR favorite thing about being an alpha chi? what makes you thankful that youre a member of our fraternity?

for me? its people seeing my lavaliere, or a shirt of mine and saying, "oh youre an AXO? i know some AXO's at purdue, and they are the nicest girls" and my ex at IU saying "now that youre an AXO, i see them all over, and they are all so sweet and just gorgeous" and a coworker saying "the AXOs at butler are THE smartest sorority girls." nothing makes me smile more than knowing that AXOs everywhere are amazing, and i have never heard anything bad about them, even when people didnt know i was one.

and within my chapter, i love knowing that my sisters are so supportive, and so great. as ive posted before, ive had a totally rough semester, and they have been there for me every step of the way. and i love knowing that our girls are involved in so many different things on campus, and were spread out everywhere! its wonderful!

sorry, i am just away from and missing my sisters! i broke out our history book andwas reading last night because i missed everyone so much! haha

ITB
roxydiva
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-19-2003, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Finding all my sisters, be it on GC or through a random conversation. BUT, how I love our symphony. I JUST LOVE IT!
It is my whole philosophy stated in THE most poetic form from the pen of a mere mortal. It's right up there with The Golden Rule!

EVERYone should live according to the AXO Symphony!

Now don't get me started on the beauty of our badge!
Old 05-19-2003, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

..and one more thing.

If I had to select ONE word I have heard over and over that is used to describe an AX...

Coast to coast, the word I've heard the most is-

CLASSY!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
JAM--

i TOTALLY hear you on the badge thing! when everyone grumbles about formal chapter, every one we had after my initiation i practically jumped for joy, because i couldnt WAIT to put on my pin. i was *so* sad when i gave it back to my grandbig at the end of the semester. i cant wait til i get mine. *sigh*

on that note, i have a sigma chi friend who was always over at my house when i got back from a formal event. and every time id take off my pin, he would grab it and say " can i wear the golden lyre?" and everyime id say hell no, youre not cool enough. and hed always respond with "damnit! i know!! ARGH!"

and coincedentally, i just moved to elwood, indiana which is the home of burr, auld, and patterson. guess i need to go stalk the place huh? or compliment them on the beauty of our wonderful badges!!

ITB
roxydiva4
Old 05-26-2003, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I totally agree with JAM on the symphony and the badge. Those are my two most favorite Alpha Chi things! I love that I continue to share the bonds of my sisterhood eleven years after graduation! Some of my closest friends are my Alpha Chi sisters! I've made new friendships in Alpha Chi since graduation by working as an advisor. How wonderful to see my own chapter continue to grow and thrive. It is truly a lifetime adventure, and I'm so glad to be a part of Alpha Chi Omega!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

GO AXO!

No matter where I go in Texas I seem to always see an AXO crest somewhere-I love having 12 chapters nearby.

My favorite colors-red and green

The symphony is so beautiful-I have a copy framed and hanging on the wall in my bedroom.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Best friends! I have 6 people that I consider to be my closest friends all because of AXO. Had I not taken my commitment seriously, I wouldn't have become an active alum member, and wouldn't have met all these wonderful people!

I love being an AX and serving the Fraternity as an alum!