GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,350
3 members and 1,347 guests
baadamashtolzea, indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 01-30-2002, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Missing Aggie Theta

OK, since there are a number of Texas residents on this board, I thought this was extremely relevant:

(*) Texas A&M University police are seeking public assistance in locating a female student who was last seen leaving her dormitory in College Station Sunday afternoon (Jan. 27). Bob Wiatt, director of security and university police, said Tuesday afternoon a statewide law enforcement alert has been issued for information that might help locate Catherine Page Price, an 18-year-old sophomore from Midland. Wiatt said the woman, dressed in a white T-shirt and black pants, was believed to have left Mosher Hall, where she resided, about 4:30 p.m. Sunday in
her 1998 blue Ford Explorer with Texas license plate ZLT-28C. The vehicle is believed to have displayed on it Texas A&M and/or Kappa Alpha Theta decals. She is described as being about 5 feet 7inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds and
having brown hair and brown eyes. A photograph of Price has been placed on the University Police Department web site, http://www.tamu.edu/upd . Wiatt said a Department of Public Safety airplane has been dispatched from Austin to assist in searching the Brazos Valley area for Miss Price's vehicle. "We are concerned about Miss
Price's safety and request that anyone having information about a woman fitting her description contact us or a local law enforcement agency as soon as possible," Wiatt said. The telephone number for the Texas A&M University Police Department is (979)845-2345.

Please, please keep a lookout for her/her vehicle & if you see anything, call UPD!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

A cousin of Catherine Price comes to St. Mary's, where I go to school. Flyers were put up throughout campus today. The St. Mary's community is helping all that we can.

She and her family are in our prayers.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw this on the news this afternoon! I hope she is recovered safely! She'll be in my prayers.

Hootie
Old 01-30-2002, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

SA-Aphi,

Thank you so much! It's wonderful to hear that once again, the other great institutions in this state are supporting the Aggie family...

Authorities across the state are searching for a Texas A&M University student who police said was last seen Sunday, when she gathered her purse and prescription medications and drove away from campus.

Page Price told friends she was going to visit her brother, who also attends Texas A&M, when she left her Mosher Hall dorm room. But an investigation by the University Police Department revealed that Price had seen her brother Saturday and knew he would not be at his College Station apartment the next day, said Director Bob Wiatt.

Price, a freshman elementary education major and member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, stands 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs about 120 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and black sweat pants.

“We’re asking the public if they’ve seen this girl, and if they have, to call the nearest law enforcement agency,” Wiatt said.

University police said they do not believe foul play is involved in Price’s disappearance, but investigators did send missing persons alerts to authorities across the state in an effort to locate the girl.

The Department of Public Safety flew a single-engine Cessna over the area Tuesday in an unsuccessful effort to locate Price’s 1998 Ford Explorer. The vehicle is dark blue with a license plate number of 2LT 28C.

Wiatt said the 18-year-old had just returned to campus from Midland, where she had been staying with her family. She was scheduled to return to school Monday following a prolonged absence.

Price remained in her dorm room until about 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, he said. When she left, she took only a beige purse and all of her prescription medication, leaving behind her cell phone, books and planner.

Price’s roommate reported her missing after she failed to attend an 8 p.m. sorority meeting Sunday night, he said.

Price’s disappearance has troubled family members, who said it is unusual for her to leave without telling anyone of her plans. Her father, Willis Price, said he spoke with his daughter Saturday after she returned to College Station and again Sunday afternoon. Each time she seemed to be in good spirits, he said.

But Price’s brother, 20-year-old Ryan Price, told police he saw his sister Saturday and she appeared to be under stress, Wiatt said.

Family and friends of Price traveled to Bryan on Tuesday, spending the better part of the day handing out missing person flyers and searching the Bryan-College Station area. Willis Price said his daughter has always been outgoing and dependable.

“It’s a parent’s worst nightmare,” he said quietly, at a loss for words. “I guess it’s just hard to describe not knowing where your daughter is.”

Price said he believes his daughter is still in the Bryan-College Station area. Although she has friends who attend other Texas colleges, he said he doesn’t think she would leave to visit them without telling anyone.

With no clues to her whereabouts, Price said he doesn’t like to think about what may have happened to his daughter. All the family can do now is pray, he said.

“She’s just a great daughter,” he said. “Nobody is doing well. It’s just a horrible thing to have to go through.”
Old 01-30-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

REPORTS CONFIRMED!
Page has been "found"!

Thanks for your prayers everyone!

Last edited by AggieDZ; 01-30-2002 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Where? Did she just not think that someone would be looking for her? Just wanted time with her bf??

Glad everything is okay!! That was scarey!!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I was scared until I heard she was found...sounds like she might just be coo coo for cocoa puffs if you know what I mean...
Old 01-30-2002, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Missing Texas A&M Student Found

Catherine Page Price, the Texas A&M University student who was the object of a statewide search after having been missing since Sunday, has been found in Livingston in East Texas and is reportedly in good physical condition. Bob Wiatt, Texas A&M's director of security and university police, said Price called her mother in Midland to say she was safe. Her mother immediately notified law enforcement officers involved with the case. University police say there was never any indication of foul play. Details regarding Price's disappearance were not immediately known. Price's father is en route to Livingston to meet his daughter, Wiatt said.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Maybe she just wanted to get away from it all for a few days????
Old 01-30-2002, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks again, everyone! we are all so relieved that she is well...

I guess this is just another example of how we should all keep tabs on each other and let people know where we're headed. (especially your sorority sisters!!!, we get worried!!)

No one knows the whole/real story, and somehow I doubt we ever will. I have an awful feeling that this could end up being a pretty embarassing situation for this young woman. It does sort of feel like many had jumped to sinister conclusions and I do wonder at the "build up" of this incident. It all comes down to a question of "what if?". And I'm glad it didn't.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Wondering if this will turn into an urban legend, lol!
Old 01-31-2002, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I am glad to hear she was found safely.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Its good she is ok but if she is having emotional problems all this national attention couldn't help her any.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my ..... for a while there, I was really worried about what the outcome might be. My Aggie friends couldn't believe how worried everyone was - and how relieved when she was found. I think it's sad that she didn't tell anyone where she was going. I can understand wanting to get away from it all, but tell someone! AggieDZ, I agree with you that this highlights how we should definitely keep tabs and be sensitive to the emotional state of our sisters. The years during college can be a tough time for many people, and I think we're all lucky to have a loyal support network that cares about us - but let's not take it for granted. I'm just glad that nothing bad happened to her..

*tridelta4ever*
Old 01-31-2002, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Holy $hit!

I didnt even realize it, but when I went on-line to read my hometown newspaper today at work, I realized Paige is from moy hoemtown, and even more bizarre, my sister used to baby-sit her. I rememebr them (and her brother ryan) from church very well, of course they were 8 or 9 when I saw them last. Ther parents are the "perfect" couple. They took us on ski trips when I was little, as our youth directors! World is a small place! Glad Paige is OK!

See story:
Student found

By KATE B. DICKSON

Associate Publisher

A former Pampan and missing Texas A&M student is home safely in Midland today after she had been missing since Sunday night when she failed to return to her dorm after visiting her brother and going to Bible study.

Catherine Page Price, an 18-year-old freshman at College Station, is the daughter of Willis and Carolyn Price, formerly of Pampa, and she is the granddaughter of W.D. and Ida Ruth Price Jr., who live on a ranch about 20 miles north of Pampa. Her brother Ryan is also a Texas A&M student.

Page's grandmother, Mrs. Price, said details of her disappearance are sketchy and she says it's possible her granddaughter doesn't know what happened to her.

Page called her mother Wednesday from a pay telephone in Livingston in East Texas and told them she was OK,

Mrs. Price said her son had gone to pick up his daughter, returning to Midland with her about midnight last night after first stopping to talk with police in College Station.

The grandmother said she had not talked with her granddaughter. The girl was asleep when Mrs. Price talked with her son this morning, she told The Pampa News.

When Page called yesterday Mrs. Price said, "... they kept her on the telephone until they could reach police there who came and took care of her."

"I've had quite a week," Mrs. Price said of the ordeal. "... But so many people here and in Midland have prayed for us."

The grandmother said her son and his family moved from Pampa to Midland about 13 years ago. While here, Willis worked on the ranch and Carolyn was choir director at First Presbyterian Church. Willis in now in the oil business.

An Associated Press story echoed what Mrs. Price said saying it was unclear what Price was doing there, or why she left school Sunday without telling anyone, said Bob Wiatt, director of security at Texas A&M University.

Her disappearance prompted an extensive search across Central and West Texas that involved hundreds of volunteers.

They canvassed roads between Midland and College Station, about 350 miles apart, Tuesday night and Wednesday. At one point, the Department of Public Safety deployed an airplane to try and spot Price's blue Ford Explorer.

Tuesday evening, about 600 people gathered for a prayer service at Midland's First Presbyterian Church., said Jennifer Sise, director of youth ministry.