GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,276
3 members and 2,273 guests
aaidativanovoz6, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

University of idaho rush

Hi,
So I will be going through rush this fall and I was just wondering if anyone knew if university of Idaho's rush week is somewhat competitive? I know its probably not going to be as competitive if I was rushing in the south but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about how hard it is to get into a sorority at university of Idaho?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I am currently an active member at UI. It's not very competitive, but there are always women that do not end up with bids. Recs are helpful, but not necessary. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay thank you so much!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volia<3 View Post
Hi,
So I will be going through rush this fall and I was just wondering if anyone knew if university of Idaho's rush week is somewhat competitive? I know its probably not going to be as competitive if I was rushing in the south but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about how hard it is to get into a sorority at university of Idaho?
Did you or are you participating in Vandal Friday?

With the new Fall 2010 requirement of freshman living on campus be aware that if you sign up for a residence hall room and do not cancel in time you will be out the money, since women who join sororities move into chapter facilities on bid day. Delta Zeta will be living on their own floor(s), but if you go through recruitment and do not receive a bid Housing will find a place for you to live, and the women's co-op Steel House, may have space a well. Don't worry, Bruce Pitman won't let you be homeless.

My advice is to give every single group a chance and do not listen to anyone you know or meet about where they think you belong or don't belong, especially if it sounds gossipy. That includes what people write and post online, especially anonymously. There isn't hazing, no one is in danger of being closed down, and if there was an issue it would be publicly addressed by the Office of Greek Life or the Dean of Students Office.

Keep your grades up and let people around you know you're interested in joining a sorority at UI. Recs aren't the hard and fast rule here, but having them can't hurt you maximize your options and have chapters know a bit more about you before they meet you.