GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Phi Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,630
0 members and 1,630 guests
No Members online

Old 06-27-2002, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Bids?

How do you decide and hand out bids at your chapter?...

Bids at my chapter are usually decided on by the rush committee of 3-4 brothers before the meeting any brother can give his opinion good or bad about a rushee. If you can't tell we are a non BMP chapter and still participate in rush.

As for how we hand out buds up until last year we gave them out at the events. But this past rush we tried something new and gave out the bids starting at midnight the first night we were able to hand them out (obviously only to the rushees we know are getting them ) and after that we would go out every night and hand them out.

everyone basically agreed that this way is a better way to present the bids but I still don’t think its right and being in charge of it for next year I was wondering what other people do, I have heard some chapters have teams of two that go out and deliver them in a sealed envelope and have a speech they read.

Any ideas would be great thanks
Old 07-04-2002, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

We have a bid committee much like you guys do, but we have 12 or 13 members on the committee that includes exec board, chaplain, and 5 or 6 at large spots that are decided by chapter voting. We usually hand out bids on the same night or day that we vote to give a bid.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Bids

At my chapter, we participate in formal rush in the fall, and we summer rush with the BMS. We're a BMP chapter. Usually, in the summer, a quorum of at least 2/3 of the chapter membership votes on which BMS candidates to award bids to as well as the scholarship. At the scholarship banquet, when we hand out the awards, we'll put an invitation in front of the guys we've voted on to come back to the house the next night, and we give them a bid. Same thing goes in the fall for formal rush-near the end of the week, at least 2/3 of the chapter votes on who to finally award bids to. We decide on who we want to offer bids to, then we seal them in an envelope and hand them in to IFC. I guess it's a decent system-it gives everyone in the chapter an opportunity to choose who they want in the fraternity. It's sometimes hard to get everyone together, though. Hope this helps, bro.

HFF
In Phi,
Sigep653