GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,550
2 members and 1,548 guests
Xidelt

Old 11-17-2014, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

U of Arizona Puts Sigma Alpha Epsilon on Interim Suspension

U of Arizona Puts Sigma Alpha Epsilon on Interim Suspension

An investigation into alleged conduct violations is under way. See the university’s press release:

http://uanews.org/story/ua-investiga...uct-violations

Or see:

http://www.jrn.com/kgun9/news/UA-inv...282961961.html

from above ^^:
“By Ina Ronquillo. CREATED 12:48 PM
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) -. . . The investigation concerns allegations that chapter members engaged in acts of discrimination and assault against members of the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity. . . .
The SAE chapter will have the opportunity to respond to any findings of conduct violations”
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-17-2014, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
are there any fraternities at Arizona not currently suspended? I feel like there's a new suspension (or 4) every week

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 11-17-2014, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
are there any fraternities at Arizona not currently suspended? I feel like there's a new suspension (or 4) every week
For what it's worth, there's a listing of current (and some "completed" ) suspensions, penalties, investigations, and so forth at:

http://greek.arizona.edu/prospective/judicial

It looked to me like it might be a slight chore to run through the list and come up with a more concise account of what's what on the suspension, etc. scene at U of AZ.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
This is why my little brother, who otherwise would be an excellent fraternity member, does not want to become involved with Greek Life at the U of A. It makes me sad, but I don't blame him in the slightest.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

University Of Arizona's Sigma Alpha Epsilon Allegedly Attacked Jewish Fraternity: SAE member allegedly rounds up frat brothers to attack Jewish fraternity.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...00021&ir=Crime
Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

As an advisor to another fraternity chapter, I have to wonder where SAE Hdqtrs. are in all this? While I sometimes cringe over knee-jerk reaction, in this case silence is deafening. Perhaps the chapter officers were told not to respond until the facts were known, but the fraternity at large needs to make some sort of official statement: a disclaimer, an apology, a "we don't condone hate", something.....
Old 02-09-2015, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Goodness, I've heard stories of fraternities misbehaving before, but never activity that seems more at home in a gang than a brotherhood. Actions like this are why my little brother, although he would be an excellent fraternity member, wants nothing to do with fraternity life at Arizona.