GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,131
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodap
» Online Users: 1,253
1 members and 1,252 guests
navane

Old 09-05-2022, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
What an amazing story! I'm so happy for her!

Back on topic, the only initiations I've heard for graduate/alumni are for house moms on occasion.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 09-06-2022, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Chi Omega will occasionally do AI, but it’s a rare circumstance.
For instance, if a local sorority become a Chi Omega chapter, HQ will offer the Alumnae of that local to be initiated.
Or if Chi Omega is colonizing in a city with few Alumnae, we will offer AI to a select few women in that city (like civic leaders).
Rarest occasion, if a member’s mother (unaffiliated in college) does a ton of volunteering for her daughter’s chapter and Chi Omega nationally. (But, I’ve known 1 member whose mom did so much volunteering, yet never got asked. My own mom has done lots of volunteering, making/sewing stuff for my XO chapter and UCLA’s. She’d probably have to find the missing loving cups, stolen many years ago from our HQ, to ever be asked! Mom has photos, as she is an avid estate sale shopper! She went to Baylor University before there were sororities and wasn’t in a local that became a NPC group.)

Last edited by ChioLu; 09-06-2022 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Chi Omega will occasionally do AI, but it’s a rare circumstance.
For instance, if a local sorority become a Chi Omega chapter, HQ will offer the Alumnae of that local to be initiated.
Or if Chi Omega is colonizing in a city with few Alumnae, we will offer AI to a select few women in that city (like civic leaders).
Rarest occasion, if a member’s mother (unaffiliated in college) does a ton of volunteering for her daughter’s chapter and Chi Omega nationally. (But, I’ve known 1 member whose mom did so much volunteering, yet never got asked. My own mom has done lots of volunteering, making/sewing stuff for my XO chapter and UCLA’s. She’d probably have to find the missing loving cups, stolen many years ago from our HQ, to ever be asked! Mom has photos, as she is an avid estate sale shopper! She went to Baylor University before there were sororities and wasn’t in a local that became a NPC group.)
My mother was a member of the local which became Chi Omega; when she inquired about being initiated, she was told she'd have to go through a form of rush with the chapter! Chi Omega's loss was Gamma Phi's gain; she was initiated in to my chapter (conveniently , I attended the same college) and was an alumna advisor and alumnae chapter officer for years.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

My organization performs AI, but it's not a common occurrence. Our AI are men who have served a chapter or the national organization to their capacity (chapter faculty advisor, house chef, facilitator for conferences). Once the application is completed, our National Council votes and makes a decision. Now there's always exceptions, especially for known athletes or men in the entertainment business who became Phi Tau AI.