GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,368
1 members and 1,367 guests
bgregoraswift61

Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Scrapbook Ideas and Terminology

Hi, I am the mother of a boyfriend that is dating a Gamma Phi Girl. They have been together for 2 years and I couldn't be happier, we love her. Her birthday is coming up this week and he(son) is making her a scrapbook and I am making a Sorority Quilt. Is there such a thing as Paddle Revealment or what is it called when they reveal their paddles that they make for each other? I don't want any "secret" stuff just enough to put headlines on pages. I've been doing scrapbooking since 2000.
He(son) is letting me do a couple of pages for the book and my favorite will be the one with pictures of the son and girlfriend together and him scrapbooking. I'm putting on it "If you are dating a Gamma Phi, raise your hand, If not then raise your standards." I couldn't talk him into wearing a scrapbook shirt but that's ok. LOL
I hope someone sees this soon, we are going to "reveal" her book and quilt on Thursday.
Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Paddles (and traditions) vary by chapter. For instance at my first college, they got crescent moons when they got their bigs and a paddle when they graduated. At my second college, they got paddles at initiation.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot