GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,470
1 members and 1,469 guests
AOIIalum

Old 06-23-2004, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Hey KSigIdahoState.

How is your colony progressing? How many members did you finish the school year with? How do your group's numbers compare with the other fraternites at ISU? Any idea on when you might be receiving your charter? Have you petitioned for a charter yet?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-03-2004, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Or any of the other expansion activity. From my understanding things are going well with the Suffolk colony here in Boston.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AASUBeachChic Send a message via Yahoo to AASUBeachChic
Hola Kappa Sigmas! I am the president of a local sorority at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Theta Xi Alpha). We will be colonizing next month to become Sigma Sigma Sigma....

All of the sisters and I are SO excited that KE is colonizing at AASU. Most of us are really close with the guys who are so it has been great supporting each other's group throughout the process(es).

My uncle was (is) a KE and now I am dating one myself here at AASU. There ain't nothin' better than a KE! So far the guys have done so much on campus through service and socially. Let's hope greek life can make a huge comeback here. :-)

Take Care,
Megan
TZA/EEE @ AASU in Savannah, Georgia
Old 07-08-2004, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Hey thanks for posting AASUBeachchic. . . and congrats on going Sigma.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the post; it always feels good to read stuff like that in here.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stufield
Hey KSigIdahoState.

How is your colony progressing? How many members did you finish the school year with? How do your group's numbers compare with the other fraternites at ISU? Any idea on when you might be receiving your charter? Have you petitioned for a charter yet?
Hey, just an update from the Idaho State colony! Our colony is very strong and we are nearing sending in our petition to charter. We just returned from leadership conference with a couple of awards and I had a long meeting with Kevin Kaplan about my colony. If everything stays on track we are looking at the start of november to charter!! We are ready. Our size is at 31 and we expect to pick up at least 20 this fall. We are already the largest on campus, so that is good too.

Thanks for the support,

Tyler Applonie
GM Idaho State Colony
Old 09-04-2004, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone have any information on new colonizations or interest groups this Fall, and/or about chartering dates forany of the 22 colonies that we have carried over from the last academic year?

22 colonies sounds good, but it's just window dressing until those groups progress to chartering or rechartering, as the case may be. Hopefully, at least SOME of those colonies (San Diego State, Ohio State, North Florida, College of Charleston, RIT, Arkansas State, Arkansas Tech, and Idaho State would seem the most likely) will receive their charters this Fall.

Hopefully, we will also establish at least one new colony for each of the present colonies that does receive its charter, thus maintaining or even increasing the Fraternity's present rate of growth in schools at which we are represented by an active chapter or colony.

So does anybody have any updated news?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey...just have an update from the Idaho State Colony. We just finished rush week and we have pledging tomorrow night. It looks like we will be pledging in 27 new guys! Which is huge for my campus and a big boost for the colony. This number will put us well over 50 guys. As I said in an earlier post...plans are for us to charter on November 12th. That is still the plan...which will work out great because that is the same time that this new pledge class will finish its 60 day pledge ed. We are excited to be so close. Also from what I heard at leadership in denver...the san diego state colony is on the schedule to charter as well. But I do not know a date or anything like that.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Hyethere, Ksigkid.

Thanks for providing updated inforamtion regarding your colony, and congratulations on the colony's continued success.

Actually, you did not state in your previous e-amil that "plans [were for you] to charter on November 12th". You simply said that "we are looking at the start of november to charter!!" But I am pleased to read not only that you are still on track in that regard, but also that an actual chartering date has now been set. November 12th will be a big day for ISU and every chartering member of your new chapter.

It will be a big day for Kappa Sigma as well. Not only will we be making a new addition to our active chapter roll, which is, of course, significant in itself, but also thechartering of your colony will give Idaho the disticntion of being only the third State in which Kappa Sigma has an active chapter at every college or university in that State with a national, or international, Greek system as opposed to just a local Greek system.

In your most recent previous posting you stated that you then had 31 members. Is that still the case, not counting, of course, your Fall pledges? If so, and if you do in fact pledge 27 and all of them complete their pledge education and want to join the Order, you would have a very healthy founding fathers class of almost 60. That would be terrific.

So if you don't mind, please do confirm the colony's present size, and how it ranks with the other fraternities at ISU. What other groups are there (I think Delta Sigma Phi is one). How large are those other fraternities and how did they do in Fall rush?

We'd apprecaite reading whatever else you care to psot, because Idaho State, having no previous Kap Sig history, is not a school whose Greek system we know much about.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jggnoedig
anyone hear anything about colonization activities starting up at eastern oregon university? i went to the kappa sig site and found a section talking about colonization coming soon and eou was on the list. anyone with any new info would be cool.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hyethere, Ksigkid.

Thanks for providing updated inforamtion regarding your colony, and congratulations on the colony's continued success.

Actually, you did not state in your previous e-amil that "plans [were for you] to charter on November 12th". You simply said that "we are looking at the start of november to charter!!" But I am pleased to read not only that you are still on track in that regard, but also that an actual chartering date has now been set. November 12th will be a big day for ISU and every chartering member of your new chapter.

It will be a big day for Kappa Sigma as well. Not only will we be making a new addition to our active chapter roll, which is, of course, significant in itself, but also thechartering of your colony will give Idaho the disticntion of being only the third State in which Kappa Sigma has an active chapter at every college or university in that State with a national, or international, Greek system as opposed to just a local Greek system.

In your most recent previous posting you stated that you then had 31 members. Is that still the case, not counting, of course, your Fall pledges? If so, and if you do in fact pledge 27 and all of them complete their pledge education and want to join the Order, you would have a very healthy founding fathers class of almost 60. That would be terrific.

So if you don't mind, please do confirm the colony's present size, and how it ranks with the other fraternities at ISU. What other groups are there (I think Delta Sigma Phi is one). How large are those other fraternities and how did they do in Fall rush?

We'd apprecaite reading whatever else you care to psot, because Idaho State, having no previous Kap Sig history, is not a school whose Greek system we know much about.
Actually, I'm not the one with the colony - I am an alumni from the Mu-Psi chaper at Boston University (past GM, GS and AAA). Any results I give are only those I receive over the listserve. I think you meant KSigIdahoState
Old 09-08-2004, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

KSigkid.

You are correct. My careless, inattentive error.

Hopefully, however, KSigIdahoState will see the posting and reply to it.

Do you know anything about the progress of the Suffolk University colony, and/or how it, and the MIT, Northeastern, and BU chapters fared or are faring in Fall rush?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
KSigkid.

You are correct. My careless, inattentive error.

Hopefully, however, KSigIdahoState will see the posting and reply to it.

Do you know anything about the progress of the Suffolk University colony, and/or how it, and the MIT, Northeastern, and BU chapters fared or are faring in Fall rush?
Don't worry about the mistake...with so many Ksig_____ names, it's easy to get confused.

As far as I knew, the Suffolk colony is doing well; I'm unsure of exact progress. I know Boston U. is just starting up school again, so they're getting right into the nitty gritty of rush (although, as we know rush is 365 days a year, they've been doing much work over the summer).

I'll see if I can get any info on how NU and MIT are doing...now that I'm no long an AAA the flow of info has slowed considerably.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

New Kappa Sigma Colonies starting up...

I'm undergoing pledge ritual this weeken, tomm. to be exact and can't wait to become a founding father of Kappa Sigma's newest colony, Kappa Lambda at Shippensburg University. Any tips on helping us with fundraising, in addition to acquiring a house would be great. The only way, the one way, Kappa Sigma all the way.

Hit me up at my im: TheSorgeman...
Old 10-05-2004, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goldendelta
Hi Kappa Sigs! Sorry to crash your board but I heard that there is a group of guys at my school, Adelphi University, that are trying to start up a Kappa Sigma interest group. I believe they sent in a petiton last week and are hoping to be recognized sometime this month. I really hope all goes well for them. They are a great bunch of guys and Adelphi is in desperate need for another Fraternity on campus. Kappa Sig would be a great addition.

Life Loyal