GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,726
3 members and 2,723 guests
ER_Pike, TLLK

Old 01-24-2009, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Missing a day of recruitment

I'm a freshman at a small midwest school who has decided to go through informal spring rush. After going to the informational meetings I've narrowed my choices down to two sororities. The problem is that they both have their recruitment open parties on the same days and time.
I really like both and don't feel like I can make a decision just from the informational meetings.

Is it better to miss a day of recruitment (go to xyz's recruitment one day and abc's recruitment the next day)? Or is it better to go to both parties for half of the time? Hopefully after a day or two of recruitment I'll be able to decide which one I better fit in with.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost421 View Post
I'm a freshman at a small midwest school who has decided to go through informal spring rush. After going to the informational meetings I've narrowed my choices down to two sororities. The problem is that they both have their recruitment open parties on the same days and time.
I really like both and don't feel like I can make a decision just from the informational meetings.

Is it better to miss a day of recruitment (go to xyz's recruitment one day and abc's recruitment the next day)? Or is it better to go to both parties for half of the time? Hopefully after a day or two of recruitment I'll be able to decide which one I better fit in with.
I'd go to both on one day, splitting the time evenly for the first parties. By the second ones, you might have a better idea of where you want to spend more of your time. Also, I don't know how many chapters are participating in informal, but if there are any of your "maybes" partcipating, I would check those out too.