GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,430
2 members and 1,428 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 10-08-2021, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

New college frat

We are pleased to announce a new college fraternity in America. The first 12 men who join become Founders and are addressed as Distinguished Honorable Gentleman (DHG). These 12 Founders will help design our fraternity. This fraternity is different from all previous fraternities, No Hazing Allowed, No Hazing Allowed, No Hazing Allowed. Nu Xi Omicron, Inc is our name.....but the actual greek letters can be voted on during our first meeting. Instead of paying $2,000 to join, you only pay $200. This will be the first chapter is our Alpha Chapter (the 12 Founders), but we plan to open 357 chapters! All races welcome, all incomes welcome (rich family or middle class families). Pledging only takes 4 weeks instead of 6-8 weeks in other frats. We accept undergrads & college graduates. Pledging can be virtual or at a local chapter. For more info call Boaz 702-350-1848.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FratMason View Post
We are pleased to announce a new college fraternity in America. The first 12 men who join become Founders and are addressed as Distinguished Honorable Gentleman (DHG). These 12 Founders will help design our fraternity. This fraternity is different from all previous fraternities, No Hazing Allowed, No Hazing Allowed, No Hazing Allowed. Nu Xi Omicron, Inc is our name.....but the actual greek letters can be voted on during our first meeting. Instead of paying $2,000 to join, you only pay $200. This will be the first chapter is our Alpha Chapter (the 12 Founders), but we plan to open 357 chapters! All races welcome, all incomes welcome (rich family or middle class families). Pledging only takes 4 weeks instead of 6-8 weeks in other frats. We accept undergrads & college graduates. Pledging can be virtual or at a local chapter. For more info call Boaz 702-350-1848.
Good luck with your new venture! May I suggest that the first thing you do is drop the term "frat"?
Old 10-10-2021, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

To my knowledge, there's no hazing allowed in any national college fraternity.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-10-2021, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This sounds wonderful, I wish every member success, and happiness.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
To my knowledge, there's no hazing allowed in any national college fraternity.
Yup
Old 10-14-2021, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FratMason View Post

The following advisory is provided consistent with the terms of the Obligation of the Sublime Degree of Master Mason:

A search of the phone number quoted above returns a result of Freemason Lodge located at 123 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. A search of duly constituted Lodges under the Grand Lodge of Texas, AF&AM, via their website shows no such Lodge at this address in Fort Worth. This leads to the conclusion that the connection with Masonry would be considered to be "irregular" by any/all "regular" Masons.

Please also note that the governing code for your Masonic jurisdiction may have a prohibition on any regular Mason joining any Masonic-related organization without the prior approval of the organization in question by the Grand Lodge for your jurisdiction. Within California, this is discussed in Section 1200.015 of the California Masonic Code.

The above having been stated and to the extent we're discussing a college fraternity, I wish you the best of luck and echo prior comments in respectfully suggesting you replace the term 'frat' with the proper term 'fraternity' so as not to unintentionally cause offense to others.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEalumnus View Post
The following advisory is provided consistent with the terms of the Obligation of the Sublime Degree of Master Mason:

A search of the phone number quoted above returns a result of Freemason Lodge located at 123 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102. A search of duly constituted Lodges under the Grand Lodge of Texas, AF&AM, via their website shows no such Lodge at this address in Fort Worth. This leads to the conclusion that the connection with Masonry would be considered to be "irregular" by any/all "regular" Masons.

Please also note that the governing code for your Masonic jurisdiction may have a prohibition on any regular Mason joining any Masonic-related organization without the prior approval of the organization in question by the Grand Lodge for your jurisdiction. Within California, this is discussed in Section 1200.015 of the California Masonic Code.

The above having been stated and to the extent we're discussing a college fraternity, I wish you the best of luck and echo prior comments in respectfully suggesting you replace the term 'frat' with the proper term 'fraternity' so as not to unintentionally cause offense to others.
Nice detective work. I felt like I was the only one having weird feels on this post. I was first annoyed at welcoming all incomes (but only middle class or rich families) then at other pieces including phone number dropping. Thanks for doing the research.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 10-14-2021, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

SAEalumnus is right: PLEASE stop using the term “frat”. It’s really a low-class slang term, and—at least for me—is tacky and downgrades the whole fraternity experience. You go into great well-written detail about your “new college fraternity” then continue to use the “frat” word—do better!
Other than that, I wish you much luck with your new endeavor; it’s a GREAT DEAL of work, but it will be so satisfying knowing you helped create something far bigger than yourself.
Keep us informed of your progress!