GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 313,444
Threads: 115,361
Welcome to our newest member, rbertosttsa5381
» Online Users: 144
2 members and 142 guests
enmillemarti

Old 10-29-2005, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Azul

This sounds like the movie my daughter taped and watched almost every day until we finally hid it from her. If it is the same the name of the movie is "Switched At Birth".
FUnny - I guess LMN has revolving plots. Switched at Birth ( I had to google) was in 1991 and was about 2 girls. THe one I'm talking about was more recent, and was talking about 2 little boys. But Azul - same plot! - Except the little boy didn't die.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
I watched Human Trafficking over the weekend. It was a really good movie!!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
^^^^^
Co-sign soror!

Some of my favorites also include Patty Duke and it seems like in almost every one of them her child gets murdered. I like the one with Tiffany Theasen (Kelly from Saved By The Bell). I love the ending where she slaps the best friend becasue she killed her daughter.

Another one was with Martin Sheen and they had one child, a son. The son joins the military and marries the first woman he sleeps with. The wife turns out to be a tramp and she gets pregnant by him. The wife and her lover kills the son (her husband) for $ and on top of that, kidnappes her daughter from the grandparents (Patty and Martin, who were taking care of the child at the time). The rest of the movie, the fight for justice for the son and getting their granddaughter back.

Another one was with Patty having a son who lived in Chicago. The son meets a girl whose family has $. The girlfriend also beats her boyfriend up because of her explosive temper. It gets to the point that one day, she kills the boyfriend (Patty's son) and her family covers the murder up. Patty's looking for her son while the girlfriend and her family knows that they have dumped him in Lake Superior.

Other ones I like...
In A Child's Name (already mentioned)
The one with Tyne Daly as the crazy mother in law
There as also one with the guy who played Ryan on Y&R and Lily from ATWT whose baby was kidnapped
There was also one with a baby being kidnapped by one of the Charile's Angels
The one with the rich lady who was killed by her broke husband, who was a painter (this is a true story). It has one of the girls for Charmed on in...

There's more but why I can't think of the name of these movies?

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 11-02-2005, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I had forgotten all about the family with the invisible child.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by 9dstpm
I watched Human Trafficking over the weekend. It was a really good movie!!
I was watching it too...and then I missed the last 1/2 hour because I had to go to a dinner!

I hope they do an encore very, very soon!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DramaQueen42401
I love In a Child's Name too.

There's one with Patty Duke, I think its called A Killer Among Friends. I don't know if it's classified a Liftime movie or not, but Kelly from Saved by the Bell is in it and her so-called friend kills her and pretends she knows nothing about it. All the while, she is up in the mother's house smiling and crap, like its all good. It was goooood.

oooohhh...I LOVE both of these movies!!! another one of my favorites is the "Bella Mafia"...all the mafia husbands are killed and then the wives go on a vengeful killing spree; the one wife finds out that her first son (that she gave up for adoption) is the one who killed her infant twin sons...she finds this out AFTER she has fed him poison and he's dying...

i know i'll definitely be watching lifetime and the we channel over the holiday!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BLUTANG Send a message via Yahoo to BLUTANG
this brings back so many memories! Sunday afternoons in college, in the bed watching Lifetime with my suitemates and a huge pizza. Best Topic Ever!!!!

My favorite lifetime movies are:

1. In A Child's Name

2. both Betty Broderick stories

3. Tough Love (i think that's what it's called). these kids are in rehab and someone's mama comes in there crying talking about all the sacrifices i make for you and this is how you repay me. The girl still has attitude, then the mama slaps her! this originally came on when i was little, and it traumitized me cause it was the first time i ever saw a mother hit her child in the face! i decided right then and there i would never do drugs OR make my mom have to smack me.

4. I know my first name is steven (i also remember when it ORIGINALLY came on... i was so afraid of strangers when i was little).

thanks cheesy movies for helping to shape my life
Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUTANG
this brings back so many memories! Sunday afternoons in college, in the bed watching Lifetime with my suitemates and a huge pizza. Best Topic Ever!!!!

My favorite lifetime movies are:

1. In A Child's Name

2. both Betty Broderick stories

3. Tough Love (i think that's what it's called). these kids are in rehab and someone's mama comes in there crying talking about all the sacrifices i make for you and this is how you repay me. The girl still has attitude, then the mama slaps her! this originally came on when i was little, and it traumitized me cause it was the first time i ever saw a mother hit her child in the face! i decided right then and there i would never do drugs OR make my mom have to smack me.

4. I know my first name is steven (i also remember when it ORIGINALLY came on... i was so afraid of strangers when i was little).

thanks cheesy movies for helping to shape my life

yeah girl...we had some GREAT days !!! b/t lifetime and cartoon network (with some cherry pie) i don't know how we managed to leave the room!!